Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: March 29, 2017)

Welcome To Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Matchbox Super Convoys 1967 Ford C-900

Click Here: Matchbox Super Convoys 1967 Ford C-900
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Introduce Yourself!
Topic Started: Jul 18 2006, 02:06 AM (43,826 Views)
Swifty
Member Avatar
Land of Lincoln, Mercury, & Ford
I figure many of us know one another already... But for those who don't, let's introduce ourselves.

:wave: I'm Sean, and I'm a diecast collector. I'd say I could quit at any time, but that would be a lie. They'll be prying diecast out of my cold, dead fingers to bury me someday. My personal favorite brands to collect are Yatming and Johnny Lightning, but truthfully I'll collect any brand that makes realistic replicas of real cars. I even slip a few of Hot Wheels' fantasy cars into my collection each year (I have most releases of both the toilet car and shopping cart, for example).

My personal favorite cars are the Ford Mustang, Toyota Celica and Supra, AMC Gremlin, and Dodge Monaco. I'd like to see more "orphan" (Studebaker, Packard, AMC, Hudson, Nash, Kaiser-Frazer, Auburn-Cord-Duesenburg, etc.) models available.

Aside from collecting diecast cars, I'm also a huge Transformers fan, as you can probably tell by the emoticon choices.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also enjoy the '80s, especially the music. Air Supply, Chicago, Journey, Rod Stewart, and Phil Collins are among my favorite bands/artists. And speaking of the '80s, who doesn't like :t: ?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

19GMC63
Member Avatar
*custom member title goes here*
Hi Sean! :wave: :D

Well, I guess I'll introduce myself.
My name is Andrew, I am 17, and I am a Johnny Lightning Collector. I collect mostly 1/64, but I have a few very cool 1/24ths.

My passion is cars in general, my absolute favorite cars are the old ones of course, pre 75. My favorites include 'Cudas, Challengers, earlier gen Chevelles and GTOs, Novas (especially the deuces), Corvairs, and my favorite FoMoCo is the Comet. But overall, I like everything made in before the major gov. emmisions controls took over, even some of the "orphan" cars.

I'm also a big truck lover also, pre 60s. My favorites are the F-1s and 100s and the Studebakers.

Even though I like mostly old cars, I do have a soft spot for select newer imports, my favorites being the RX7s and 240s (mid 90s), and my favorite high end cars are the RUF Porsches.

My project car is a 1965 Chevy Corvair Monza Coupe. Its not the rarest car around, but I love this bodystyle, and I think its one of the most beautifully done cars ever. I never would have thought I would have one, but when I saw her, I had to take her home. My intentions are to make it a back and forth to school car, but I have plans for a mid-mounted Chevy SB when I get the $$$, which I don't have a lot of. :wacko:

Posted Image

BFK
Member Avatar
~Diecast Diva~
HI,I'm Maureen,mom of 5 joined HT in 2001,been collecting cars since 1993(not regularly). Started collecting more around 1998,for my kids.

MY DREAM car #1 is a Boss Mustang,and my 2nd is a Camaro(which I'm waiting for delivery,wooohooooo) :wave:

Boogie
Member Avatar
BLAME IT ON THE
My name is , most of you know that if not you'll learn at some point.

Been collecting for about 3 & 1/2 years, mostly JL's now but others that look good,
love the Vans as some might know, also into Gto's, Challengers, AMC's and just good looking muscle cars. Mine don't need flames though, well sometimes.

Glad to see some familiar names hope to meet some more.

Daniel H
Member Avatar
Never Underestimate Guitar Cat
Swifty told me about this forum through a banger racing forum so I decided to sign up here. It looks very interesting and for once it seems that people accept Banger racers here, unlike MCCH :thumbup:

CenterShock
Member Avatar
©SwiftysGarage2014
Daniel H
Jul 18 2006, 10:10 AM
It looks very interesting and for once it seems that people accept Banger racers here, unlike MCCH :thumbup:

Banger racing is some wild, crazy stuff! I love it!

As far as modifying diecast to be banger racers, I have not gotten into it but they look cool and fun to make.

Welcome to the Garage!

CenterShock
Member Avatar
©SwiftysGarage2014
Center Shock here. AKA Nick.

I live in Lancaster County, PA. I took up collecting Johnny Lightnings a little over a year ago. I now have over 600 cars and still counting. I have a rather extensive collection of Black With Flames cars along with a few other nice groups. I have all the PT Cruisers that JL has released and a lot of the Superbirds/Daytonas. Another nice group of cars I own is the 10th anniversary set. I have all 20 plus the 3rd prize Escalade and 2 Toy Fair cars from 2004 that have the 10th Anniversary tires.

My 1:1 cars are a 2005 Ford Ranger Splash that I bought brand new. (First Yellow Splash sold in the area from what I was told by the dealer. They had to bring it in from Philly) I also have a 2003 PT Cruiser Limited Edition. Not sure why they call them Limited. They are everywhere. I got that a month before my pride and joy entered the world. Little Madison. She is the best! And she already loves cars!

Besides collecting and spending time with Maddie and her mommy, I enjoy messing on the computer, taking photos, frisbee golf and playing X-box. You can find me online as CenterShock73.

Well, that is about it. Here are a few pics.....

The Splash shortly after I bought it...
Posted Image

Here is a shot of myself with Maddie and Swifty...
Posted Image

Here is Maddie holding a couple priceless cars...
Posted Image

Here is Madison driving her first Spoiler...
Posted Image

And here she is holding her favorite sign...
Posted Image

bray
Member Avatar
Hot stuff
I'm Rick
I started collecting Hot Wheels about four years ago, turned my attention to JL in the past year. My collection isn't as focused as some are, I tend to get what I like. That is mostly Mopar (Dart, GTX, Charger) and Spoilers. I have an eight year old son that is a HW fanatic. I guess that's all my doing, I've created a diecast monster.

JL_1966_Mustang
Member Avatar
Compact
Hi all I am Brad,
I live in the Burgh and collect mostlt JL Mustangs. It has been my goal for the last 2 years to try to get one of every regular JL Mustang out there. I have been doing pretty well as I believe that i am now down to only 18 that i am aware of. New cars that I was unaware of seem to surface all the time so that number is not set in stone. Looking forward to see how this board progresses.

bob8748
Member Avatar

*In Memory Of*
Hi all. I'm Bob and I'm another Johnny junky. I see a lot of familiar names in here. This place looks great! I've only been collecting for 2 1/2 years so I guess I'm still new at it. I'm hooked big time though! It didnt take long to get a house full.
Good job Swifty! :thumbup:

Swifty
Member Avatar
bob8748
Jul 21 2006, 01:26 AM
Good job Swifty! :thumbup:

Welcome to the board! And thanks, I aim to please! :thumbup:

Feel free to make any suggestions on how to make this a better board!

mookie427
I like this guys lack of style
Hi all, some of you probably already know me through other forums, but for those who don't, I'm Ben, I'm 15 from Oxford, England

I've been collecting seriously for about 6 years, and up until last year I collected mainly newer Hotwheels, of which I have over 800, but the brands been going downhil with awful distribution in the UK, so now I focus on ANYTHING pre-1985 (ish!)

I love Superfast and Lesney Matchbox, I'm fond of the older Majorettes and Corgi Juniors.

I also have a collection of about 100 vintage Hotwheels including 2 Redlines, Custom Eldorado and Jet Threat (which are incredibly hard to find in the U.K for sensible prices, I got mine for 20p each at a boot sale!)

As of yet I'm too young to drive, but I am going to help restore my dad's old Citroen CX which'll hopefully be my daily driver, I'm also passionate for 50's and 60's American cars

As most of you probably know, I'm a banger nut (my siggy reflects that!). My local track is about 30 minutes away and I go there 4-5 times a year to see stuff get wrecked! Among the cars I've seen on the track, a Daimler Majestic Major Limo, Jensen Interceptor, Ford Classic Capri, Pontiac Tristar, many many Daimler Hearses and even a Cadillac Coupe DeVille Convertable! I will hopefully be strating to race bangers in a few years time, maybe sooner.

The car of my dreams is a Ford Granada Mk.I Coupe, absolutely gorgeous :wub:

Other than diecasts and racing, I enjoy Computer games (especially Driven to Destruction and Seduction of Destruction), TV (CSI mainly, one of the best imported American shows IMO). And I've just broken up for my summer hol's! Fun times!

I'm glad this forum will accept my Banger models without stoning me (like the MCCH, some members just need to chill out once in a while. They also have a habit of deleting threads which they don't like, I posted my destruction video on there, supposing to have a laugh with members, instead, most who liked it stuck by me but a few took it upon themselves to get outraged, so much so they had the thread deleted, even after I'd explained that all the cars used were cheap, broken, no-name cars destined for the bin!)

Anyway, enough of my rant :lol:

nice to meet all of yoose!

Oh, look carefully at the picture in my siggy, you can see me infront of the blue and white horsebox on the right of the photo, with the hat and blue, black and white coat on (it was freezing!) I'll try and get a better pic....

Big John's Chevy
Member Avatar
Big John's Kool Kustoms
*In Memory Of*
Well I guess most of you know who I am and What I build but here goes anyway, My name is John and all my friends call me Big John Or Nightwolf and I collect any cars I like especially Johnnys and Greenlights, I do every once in awhile pick up Hot wheels and some other off brand cars and trucks, I live in the center of Michigan and moving farther up, I have hunting dogs and pitbulls and I bear Hunt and coonhunt and fish and anything outdoors, I like to get muddy in my truck and on a dirt Bike, I am who I am and I will back myself up. I fight for what I believe in and Stand up for what I think is right. I will stand up for my friends unlike some others and Back them even if it means getting banned or deleted.Sometimes I say things without thinking but I usually get my point across.

camarors
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Hi all, My name is Bob, I've been collecting for over 10 years now. Started out on HW and stepped up to more expensive cars. Collect mostly J/L now,But still buy other brands if I like them. I like cars in general,But my passion is anything with flames. I have over two thousand cars in my collection. Most are stored away in totes, About 600 on display.

MarieJuliette
Member Avatar
Accele-Sister
Hi Everyone!

I'm MJ / Isabelle and I started collecting in 2003 when I did the Highway 35 World Race. Took a break to recover from that adventure and discovered the Acceleracers at the beginning of the year, finished the 2005 and currently doing the 2006.

Through different boards (I'm always MJ, the only place I couldn't use it is on eBay), I've discovered what else is available and some guys have gotten me hooked on some lines. Right now, my goal is to finish my 2006 Acceleracers and the Pixar Cars line. I also have fallen in love with the Deora/Deora II. I've got a bunch of them and I just got some rare ones.

I used to collect hockey cards back in the 90s. I think I have over 10000 of those. I have two kids who share their mom's liking of diecast cars. Dad's the odd man out. He hates it! But he does feel left out when the kids and I are playing together. Here's a pic of the kids playing with the Acceledrome that my youngest received for his B-day from his godfather:

Posted Image

It's great to be here.

CenterShock
Member Avatar
©SwiftysGarage2014
Welcome to the Garage MJ! :wave:
Have fun here.

19GMC63
Member Avatar
*custom member title goes here*
Hey MJ, and welcome to the garage :wave:

this place is great, some great people too.... have fun.

AC65

Swifty
Member Avatar
MarieJuliette
Jul 25 2006, 09:40 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm MJ / Isabelle and I started collecting in 2003 when I did the Highway 35 World Race. Took a break to recover from that adventure and discovered the Acceleracers at the beginning of the year, finished the 2005 and currently doing the 2006.

Welcome to the Garage!

Highway 35 had some amazing cars. And the movie was surprisingly good too. Considering the toy tie-in, I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised.

I only have a few of the Accelracers to date, but I'm trying to get the whole series of "Cars" cars. Saw that movie over the weekend too- another good one!

And thanks for the picture- it's always cool to see the next generation of diecast collectors making the same kind of memories most of us made years ago. I'm glad to see they're following in mom's footsteps. Maybe their dad can be converted someday also? ;)

Omega_Republik
Member Avatar
connoisseur - tifosi
well, for those of you that don't know me ... ( if any ;) )
my name is ED .... some have come to know me as Hex :P
i live in always-sunny-hot-as-heck so. california ....
this is my daily driver .....

Posted Image

i used to have an eclipse that used to look like a supra but i grew out of that ....
so anyways ....
im into computers .... (too much, according to the wife) :unsure:
work (underpaid ehHEHeh ) as an IT ( altho i spent most of my work time posting and reading thread replies )
i collect EVERYTHING i like or catches my eye .... be it JL jada HWs ... you name it ...
but mainly i have a thing for Exoto models..... which i dont have many ( for obvious reazons )
Been collecting for over 14 years now but no, i dont have any redlines or toppers ...
since i used to live in germany, there was nothing there but majorette and matchbox ... ( from which i still have a few of my originals )

so anyways ..... im honored to be a member of such a great place .....

:wave: :thumbup: thank you all for reading ....

Boogie
Member Avatar
BLAME IT ON THE
Well that explains alot, do you have an accent? No not the car. OH hey I have something for you |
|
V

:pancakebunny:
gees with that arrow not being straight you'd think I was from Cali.

Omega_Republik
Member Avatar
connoisseur - tifosi
Boogie
Jul 27 2006, 12:37 PM
Well that explains alot, do you have an accent? No not the car. OH hey I have something for you |
|
V

:pancakebunny:
gees with that arrow not being straight you'd think I was from Cali.

ahHAHha you jerk Posted Image

no, i dont have an accent ... ....EJMMMMMM ok ok .... geeehz ... i do alright ...

Posted Image

but is not too obvious ....

so wait .... just because something is not straight doesnt means is from cali ...
Posted Image

Boogie
Member Avatar
BLAME IT ON THE
I thought it was the land of Rainbows

Omega_Republik
Member Avatar
connoisseur - tifosi
Boogie
Jul 27 2006, 01:13 PM
I thought it was the land of Rainbows

eh ??

Posted Image

Boogie
Member Avatar
BLAME IT ON THE
LOL, nice to have ya around buddy.

Swifty
Member Avatar
Omega_Republik
Jul 27 2006, 02:36 PM
i used to have an eclipse that used to look like a supra but i grew out of that ....

This I've got to see! Any pictures?

And I love your Mercedes! Cruisin' in style. :thumbup:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Free Parking: Off Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

November's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Carsdownunder for winning November's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

December's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Matchthebox for winning December's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here