Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: August 14, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

M2 1970 Chevrolet C60 custom pickup

Click Here: M2 '70 Chevrolet C60
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Car Of The Day: April 16, 2008; Norev '07 Renault Twingo GT II
Topic Started: Apr 15 2008, 04:41 PM (865 Views)
james_autos
Member Avatar
Minivan
Posted Image
Today's car of the day is the '07 Renault Twingo GT II
Posted Image
Quote:

A concept was presented at the 2006 Mondial de l'Automobile. The production version was presented at the 2007 Geneva Motor Show after a last minute redesign was ordered, partly due to the successful launch of the TPCA Peugeot 107/CitroŽn C1/Toyota Aygo, which became the new benchmark for city cars.
Production was transferred from France to the Novo Mesto plant in Slovenia (Revoz).
It went on sale in France, Italy and Slovenia on 15 June 2007, and in the rest of Europe, including the UK, in September 2007. The motoring press in the UK have criticised the new Twingo for being rather unadventurous in style and appearance compared to the original.
The petrol engine is a 1.2-litre unit in three versions, an 8-valve 60 hp (45 kW) naturally-aspirated, a 16-valve 75 hp (56 kW) naturally-aspirated and a 16-valve 100 hp (70 kW) turbocharged version. The diesel engine is a 1.5-litre 65 hp (48 kW) dCi unit.
Trim levels for the French market will start with the un-named base model followed by Authentique, Expression, Initiale, Dynamique and GT.
On 31 January 2008 Renault announced the Twingo Renaultsport, with a new 133 hp (100 kW) 1,598cc engine and Renaultsport styling. Its first public outing will be at the 2008 Geneva Motor Show and the first cars are expected to ship in late 2008.
The second generation Twingo is also available in right hand drive for the first time. Engines available in the UK are the 75 hp (56 kW) and 100 hp (70 kW) petrol units, in Dynamique and GT trim levels. A 60 hp (45 kW) engine was released in January 2008, in a cheaper Extreme trim level with the Renaultsport 133 hp (100 kW) due in late 2008.

Posted Image
For more information on the real car go to Renault Twingo
Posted Image
I was glad to hear that the Twingo II was going to be sold here in the U.K as the first generation never was (only continental Europe). Many holidays I had spent abroad admiring the first Twingo. It looked odd, but in a good way. The second generation looks a lot nicer, but does not have the 'charm' one might say the first one had. This model by Norev was produced for Renault dealers. In fact, they produce nearly every car in 1:64 (or 3 inch as they call it) currently made by the big French 3 - Citroen, Peugeot and Renault, and have done for about the past 3 years. Accurate colours, details, badges, wheels etc is what really makes Norev models stand out from the crowd.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 0416cotd1.jpg (128.04 KB)
Attachments: 0416cotd2.jpg (135.38 KB)
Attachments: 0416cotd3.jpg (119.1 KB)
Attachments: 0416cotd4.jpg (126.96 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Swifty
Member Avatar
The Mustang II is a Mustang too!
Cool little model of a car I'll never see in person!

craftymore
Member Avatar
Support your local demo derby.

A sweet car for the masses done well in small scale. The opening hatch is a nice touch.

ivantt
Member Avatar
New casting? Quick! Take it apart!
I agree with Swifty, we'll probably never see this car, at least while we are living in the US. I can understand where the British press is coming from on their style criticism. It doesn't cost anymore money to make a low cost mass market car look stylish than a more upscale one. I don't understand why auto makers "dumb down" designs just because it is a cheaper car than other models. This is not a bad looking car, it just falls into that category of looking like many other plain (but functional) designs.
These Norev castings are excellent, and thanks for showing these to us, JA!! :)

Dean-o-mite
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
This is a unique little model that still looks good ten years later. The Renault Twingo can sometimes be seen here in the U.S., as a vehicle visiting from Mexico.

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
I have never seen this Norev version before. I have the previous and next generations but not this one. Need to hunt it down to compliment the Twingo II collection with Majorette and Dickie models
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm thinking I would like the Renaultsport in rallye trim....

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
:thumbup: Another nice one from Norev.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pegers
Member Avatar
Pony Car
a nice casting...

Swifty
Member Avatar
The Mustang II is a Mustang too!
...Or Canada.

Posted Image

An Avantime was supposed to be at the same show but had mechanical issues. Hopefully it turns up this year!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Car Of The Day · Next Topic »
Add Reply

May's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations DinoMom for winning May's contest!

June's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Airborn511 for winning June's contest!