Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: August 14, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

M2 1970 Chevrolet C60 custom pickup

Click Here: M2 '70 Chevrolet C60
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Getting started
Topic Started: Jan 23 2009, 02:13 PM (5,901 Views)
DaWeber
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
The Holidays are long past, so I have no excuse to hold off getting this Forum started. As noted previously, Christian Falkensteiner and I provided an article a month to TofTC a few years ago. Each article was represented by a letter of the alphabet and ran in alphabetic order. This time, I have chosen to start slow and proceed from there. Thus I am dividing my subject matter into sections ; thus destroying the alphabetic flow. But it will be easier to begin this way. Some of these sections will be taken verbatim or nearly so from the original articles.
My first section will encompass the subject matter of "Orphans" in the automobile manufacturing world. I define these as companies that no longer exist and have left no roots within the companies that exist at present. I intend to provide a short history of the company followed by a look at what models are or have been issued to date . An example of an orphan is the Cord; but the Hudson is not in this category since this latter company became part of AMC which in turn was acquired by Chrysler Corp. When this is completed, it should provide a historical background for our many models in small scale. I am sure some marques and model replicas will be accidentally omitted .
If anyone wishes to pitch in with help to get this underweigh, please don't hesitate to PM me. I'd love to have some company for this major undertaking! Christian has advised he will not be able to assist this time since he now has other interests.
To begin with the Orphans, I will try to keep them in alphabetic succession; but no promises!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

James
Member Avatar
Mr.Bowtie
Awesome looking forward to this section.

DaWeber
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Thanks James!

69Stang
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
OK, I am diging the information you have posted, but am I missing something...where's the pics!!

DaWeber
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
As Sean said ,anyone can post pix! I have to refresh my knowledge of how to post pix - hard to teach an old dog new trix! Sean did show me how to one time a while back but I have forgotten. He is hoping to visit me soon to get some shots of my collection for more C of the Day pix and I am planning to get some shots on my own posted here with his guidance - whenever he can make it!

Swifty
Member Avatar
The Mustang II is a Mustang too!
Hopefully next weekend! I have nothing scheduled at the moment. Let me know if Saturday or Sunday would work best for you?

ChFalkensteiner
Member Avatar
Subcompact
DaWeber
Jan 23 2009, 02:13 PM
Christian has advised he will not be able to assist this time since he now has other interests.

I think I should say something about this here. While it is true that I am very busy with other things - mainly my own Matchbox website, which I feel would keep me busy for several hundred years if I were to live that long - , I also told Dave that I do not see much point in updating our own articles about the history of the real car brands, since nowadays that kind of information is easily available from Wikipedia anyway.

Back then we did not have Wikipedia yet, so we had to research the brands' history in various places, but nowadays taking the information from Wikipedia is surely the way to go.

Regarding the small-scale models of those car brands, my knowledge is naturally limited, as I am first and foremost a Matchbox collector. I do hope that the collective knowledge of this board's members will by and by establish a useful overview, and I promise that I will stop by occasionally and make contributions when appropriate.

James
Member Avatar
Mr.Bowtie
Awesome, I guess we can't commit you to daily visits eh? :(

Is your website open for visitors yet? Would you be so kind as to post the link here, I must of missed it previously :duh: . And I sure would like to visit.

:toy:

Edited by James, Feb 1 2009, 12:27 PM.

ChFalkensteiner
Member Avatar
Subcompact
James
Feb 1 2009, 12:25 PM
Awesome, I guess we can't commit you to daily visits eh? :(

Is your website open for visitors yet? Would you be so kind as to post the link here, I must of missed it previously :duh: . And I sure would like to visit.

:toy:

I am afraid there are just too few hours in a day... :(

My website has been going for more than seven years already. I put its URL in my profile here at this board when I signed up, but obviously that does not make it visible in my posts. I will see if I can put it in my signature somehow (unless anybody objects against that).

Anyway, here it is for the time being:

http://www.mboxcommunity.com/cfalkens

James
Member Avatar
Mr.Bowtie
Just spent a few minutes browsing at your website CF. Very nicely done, and I will be back as there is lots there I want to look at closer. I am back seriously collecting Matchbox's again after many years away, those awful Tyco and Hero City years, and I lost all the decent stuff between. In the meanwhile what I had was pillaged by the kids and slowly got trashed I guess, So a few years ago I started from basically scratch. lots of nice stuff coming out of the left hand side of Mattell these days.

Sorry about hijacking the thread, back to the original programming.......

DaWeber
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
James
Feb 1 2009, 01:22 PM
Sorry about hijacking the thread, back to the original programming.......

No problem James! This is what the site if to be used for! And thanks for entereing in Christian. Feel free to post anytime and anywhere. Your thread to the site at MCCH is most welcome!

DaWeber
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
I could sure use some help in this venture. Preferably I need someone familiar with European and or Asian manufacturers to discuss these many marques! Volunteers are welcome ! But I would like to see the entries similar to what has already been entered .

Starskii
Member Avatar
Compact
These are a few companies I didn't see on the list yet...

Shelby SuperCars (SSC)

Mosler Automotive

VENUCIA

Callaway Cars

LUXGEN

ROEWE (SAIC Motor)

LIFAN Group

FAW HONGQI

HAIMA Automobile

TRUMPCHI (GAC Group)

Caterham Cars

All have Wikipedia pages with info and you can find diecast car pics in google search. I'll keep looking for more. Hope this helps
Edited by Starskii, Jul 25 2018, 04:19 AM.

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few on your list have representation in small scale; notably FAW, Shelby, Callaway and Caterham.

As for the remaining cars on the list, I'm not aware of any representation in small scale.

Starskii
Member Avatar
Compact
juantoo3
Jul 29 2018, 08:41 AM
A few on your list have representation in small scale; notably FAW, Shelby, Callaway and Caterham.

As for the remaining cars on the list, I'm not aware of any representation in small scale.
Yeah I found cars for all the ones I listed ...

SHELBY SUPERCARS (SSC) Tuatara Matte Black Posted Image
MOSLER MT 900Posted Image
VENUCIA T70 1:18Posted Image
VENUCIA E30 1:18Posted Image
VENUCIA R50X SUV 1:18Posted Image
CALLAWAYPosted Image
LUXGEN 7 SUVPosted ImagePosted Image
ROEWE RX3 1:16Posted Image
ROEWE I6 1:16Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Shelby_Supercars__SSC__tuatara__Mat_Black___Diecast_Car_.jpg (28.92 KB)
Attachments: _MOSLER___MT_900_.jpg (275.48 KB)
Attachments: _Venucia_T70_Model_118_Scale.jpg (24.96 KB)
Attachments: Venucia_E30_Model_Blue_118_Scale.jpg (26.62 KB)
Attachments: Venucia_R50X_SUV_Model_118_Scale.jpg (27.72 KB)
Attachments: s_l1600.jpg (147.97 KB)
Attachments: 1_18_Dongfeng_Yulon_LUXGEN_7_SUV_.jpg (35.27 KB)
Attachments: 1_18_Dongfeng_Yulon_LUXGEN_7_SUV_2.jpg (32.83 KB)
Attachments: _Roewe_RX3_1_16__Red__car.jpg (90.87 KB)
Attachments: Roewe_I6_1_16__Red_.jpg (78.82 KB)
Edited by Starskii, Jul 29 2018, 04:37 PM.

Starskii
Member Avatar
Compact
Posted Image
LIFAN X60 SUVPosted Image
LIFAN Shijun Sowar SKAT Container Truck 1:24Posted ImagePosted Image
LIFAN 320 MiNi SUV 1:18Posted Image
HONGQUI CA7600 HQE L5 E CLASSPosted Image
HONGQUI CA770 CONVERTIBLE LIMOPosted Image
HONGQUI CA770 CHINA RED FLAG WEDDING EDITION LIMOPosted Image
HAIMA M3 PACK 1:43Posted Image
HAIMA ORIGINAL S7Posted Image
TUMPCHI GS8 SUV 1:18Posted Image

Attached to this post:
Attachments: _Lifan_X60_Suv_Silver_Color.jpg (41.72 KB)
Attachments: 1_18_FAW_Hongqi_CA7600HQE_L5_E_Class_.jpg (41.13 KB)
Attachments: 1_24_Lifan_Shijun_Sowar_Skat_Container_Truck_Metal_Diecast.jpg (235.37 KB)
Attachments: 1_24_Lifan_Shijun_Sowar_Skat_Container_Truck_Metal_Diecast_box.jpg (246.48 KB)
Attachments: Chongqing_Lifan_320_Mini_SUV_1_18.jpg (81.98 KB)
Attachments: Roewe_I6_1_16__Red__Box.jpg (74.63 KB)
Attachments: 1_43_FAW_Hongqi_CA770JG_CONVERTIBLE_Limousine_Limited_edition.jpg (179.88 KB)
Attachments: China_Red_Flag_Limousine_Hong_Qi_CA770_Wedding_Edition.jpg (148.1 KB)
Attachments: 1_18_China_GAC_Trumpchi_E_jet.jpg (140.4 KB)
Attachments: 1_18_Trumpchi_original_manufacturer__2016_GA8.png (635.44 KB)
Attachments: Haima_3_en_1_43.jpg (334.47 KB)
Attachments: Haima_The_Original_S7_Red_Alloy_Car_Model_.jpg (26.41 KB)
Attachments: Trumpchi_Gs8_SUV_1_18_scale.jpg (82.32 KB)
Edited by Starskii, Jul 29 2018, 04:56 PM.

Starskii
Member Avatar
Compact
TRUMPCHI GAC E-JET 1:18Posted Image
TRUMPCHI 2016 GA8 1:18Posted Image
CATERHAM R500 MATCHBOXPosted Image
CATERHAM SUPER 7 WHITE ORANGE STRIPE 1:43Posted Image
CATERHAM SUPER 7 YELLOW 1:43Posted Image
CATERHAM CT05 RENAULT #9 JAPANESE GP 2014 1:43Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 1_18_China_GAC_Trumpchi_E_jet.jpg (140.4 KB)
Attachments: 1_18_Trumpchi_original_manufacturer__2016_GA8.png (635.44 KB)
Attachments: 2011_MATCHBOX_CATERHAM_R500_SUPERLIGHT__YELLOW___3_100_SPORTS_CARS__3_13_DIE_CAST.jpg (41.96 KB)
Attachments: Caterham_Super_Seven_JPE_White_with_orange_stripe_KYOSHO_MODELS_1_43.jpg (37.17 KB)
Attachments: Caterham_Super_Seven_JPE_Yellow_Kyosho_Models_1_43.jpg (34.01 KB)
Attachments: s_l1600_4Spark_1_43_S4485_Caterham_Ct05_RENAULT_No_9_Japanese_GP_2014_.jpg (35.7 KB)
Edited by Starskii, Jul 29 2018, 05:06 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Car Manufacturers & Small Scale Counterparts · Next Topic »
Add Reply

May's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations DinoMom for winning May's contest!

June's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Airborn511 for winning June's contest!