Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: April 17, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Playart 1977 Chevrolet Caprice

To learn more about the Playart '77 Chevrolet Caprice: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
1/64 Cop Car Cross-Country Tour; Greenlight, SpecCast, JL, MBX and more on the 1stPix layouts...
Topic Started: Aug 31 2012, 03:47 PM (14,681 Views)
diomakr
Station Wagon
As most of you guys know, most of my set-ups are geared towards FLA- and my fictional territory of Baynard Co. and Mystic Beach. Even though I have a whole fleet dedicated to this area, I do have a lot of the releases from all over the US- from the older SpecCast, Matchbox models and Johnny Lightnings that have been the star of the show for special events, up to, most (but not quite all) of the more recent Greenlight models.

Since i switched over to Flickr to post my pix a few years ago... i realize a lot of those old photobuckt shots have now turned into those dreaded blank boxes. So, for anyone that's interested- i'll post up some of my collection, in case you just can't get enough of these LE vehicles... on the 1stPix streets and highways

As of 31 August 2012, here is "the list":

Alabama Dept. of Public Safety
Arapahoe Co. CO Sheriff
Arkansas State Police
Arizona Department of Public Safety
Bismark ND Police
Bloomfield Hills MI Police
Boone Co. MO Sheriff
Brazos Co. TX Sheriff
Broward Co. FL Sheriff
California Highway Patrol
Chesterfield Co. VA Police
Cheyenne WY Police
Chicago IL Police
Cincinnati OH Police
Cleveland OH Police
Colorado State Patrol
Coronado CA Police
Delaware State Police
East Hempfield Twp. PA Police
Edmonton Canada Police Service
El Paso TX ISD Police
Fargo ND Police
Florida Highway Patrol
Georgia State Patrol
Haltom City TX Police
Houston TX Police
Honolulu HI Police
Indiana State Police
Iowa State Patrol
Johnson Co. KS Sheriff
Juneau AK Police
Kansas City KS Police
Kansas Highway Patrol
Key West FL Police
Kissimmee FL Police
La Vista Nebraska Police
Los Angeles CA Police LAPD
Maine State Police
Metro-Baynard Police (Fictional)
Milwaukee Wisconsin Police
Missouri State Highway Patrol
Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol
Montgomery Co. TX Sheriff
Montana Highway Patrol
Nebraska State Patrol
Nevada Highway Patrol
New York NY Police NYPD
New York State Police
North Carolina Highway Patrol
North Dakota Highway Patrol
Ohio State Highway Patrol
Oregon State Police
Raleigh NC Police
Reno NV Police
Ridley Twp. PA Police
Shreveport LA Police
South Carolina Highway Patrol
South Dakota Highway Patrol
St. Joseph Co. IN Sheriff
Tennessee Highway Patrol
Texas DPS Highway Patrol
US Customs & Border Protection
Utah Highway Patrol
Vanderburgh Co. IN Sheriff
Vermont State Police
Virginia State Police
Washington State Patrol
Wayne Co. OH Sheriff
Westfield IN Police
West Virginia State Police
Westwood Mass. Police
Wichita Kansas Police
Wilmington OH Police
Wisconsin State Patrol
Wyoming Highway Patrol

And don't forget about: Edmonton, Alberta Canada Police Service & Blue Line Racing Association.

Let's start out with the Greenlight Hot Pursuit Series 10:

Posted Image
Milwaukee Police Ford CVPI by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
La Vista Police Dodge Charger by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Ford Police Interceptor SUV Demonstrator by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Wichita Kansas Police Ford CVPI by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

So, if there is a particular agency (that i have) that you'd like to see featured, the request line is open. Thanks again for vistin' my not so little world.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daniel60
Member Avatar
Personal Luxury Car
Wow beautiful. Can you recommend me a Camera for wide angle photography. My Kodak can only about a span of four inches.

Swifty
Member Avatar
The Mustang II is a Mustang too!
Quite a list of patrol cars! Are there any states that are completely unrepresented in your 1/64 collection? I know some state police agencies (Pennsylvania for example) don't license themselves (not that it stopped either Golden Wheel or Racing Champions) but with Ridley Township's units (I'm pretty sure I've seen both GLs in your pictures in the past) I know you have PA represented.

My requests are for pictures of the New York State Police and Virginia State Police cars in your collection. Both are states I travel through fairly frequently and both have had a number of very nice paint schemes over the years!

diomakr
Station Wagon
THANKS- well Daniel... i'm probably not the best guy to ask about cameras- i'm more of self taught photographer and i barely know aperture priority from chromatic aberration. but, for the most part it depends on the type of camera you are using- if it's a point and shoot; it depends on the model, but with a dslr, then it's all about the lens. i use a 14-42mm wide angle for all my diorama (and most of my nature pix). as far as brands go, i stick with olympus (not to say that other brands aren't even better) because it is what i started out with, i like the controls and menu screens, the price vs. features, and i'm happy with the results of my pix... i would recommend looking on a review site and see how the different models stack up before you spend any money- and even before that, read over your camera's manual to make sure you're using it correctly (with the right settings for what you are trying to do) and if needed, learn some photography basics so you know what you need before you go any further. i have some more photo tips in the the FAQ: 1stPix FAQ

Ok, let's get back to the tour:

As far as i know, SpecCast did all 50 states, but unfortunately, I don't have 'em all. I also don't have every state represented in both scales, and their are a few that i don't have any of in any scale (i think)

Here's some NYSP:

Posted Image
New York State Police Ford CVPI -1/64 Greenlight Diecast by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr
yes, they really do wear purple ties!

Posted Image
New York State Police Diecast Diorama by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
New York State Police Diecast Collection by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr
Of course that jada Tahoe is way TOO BIG!

Posted Image
1974 Dodge Monaco New York State Police: Circa 1978 by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Can't beat a classic...

Posted Image
NYSP Ford Mustang GT Diecast by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Now, let's move down I-95 and visit Virginia:

Posted Image
Diecast Virginia State Police Ford CVPI by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Virginia State Police Diecast Diorama by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Virginia State Police Chargers -Greenlight diecast by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

I just did a crash scene with Fairfax Co. (fire-rescue) and VASP, but i don't have the pix posted yet...

While we're in the area; Chesterfield County VA:

Posted Image
Chesterfield County Virginia Police CVPI by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Chesterfield County Virginia Police CVPI by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

THANKS for coming along on the tour

Stampede
Member Avatar
Team Canada
I'd like to see Oregon state police, Montana Hwy Patrol and Wyoming Highway patrol!

Thanks, and great job on the dioramas, they look great!

I'm thinking about making one, any tips & tricks?

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
Diomakr - just to let you know, Spec Cast did not do all 50 states - a number of them would not grant permission for their cars to be made. They had prototypes for all states plus some cities - I saw those on display one time at Evers Toy Store in Dyersville, IA. They had worked with Spec Cast on the series and told me the frustration of not being able to get permission from a number of the states and departments. I don't have my list handy of the states that were not made but know one at that time would have been Oregon. The recent issue from Greenlight is the first Oregon State Police Car in 1/64th. I know Louisiana Connecticut and Massachusetts are three of the states that have yet to have a 1/64th police car represent them from any manufacturer in 1/64th scale.
Edited by pjedsel, Sep 2 2012, 12:20 AM.

Swifty
Member Avatar
@diomakr: Thanks for the pics! I didn't see New Jersey State Police on the list or I'd request those. I know of three and have them all (Matchbox '87 LTD from the '90s Premiere line, and Jada has both a Crown Vic and Tahoe out currently).

@pjedsel: Thanks for the additional info!

diomakr
Station Wagon
Well, first of all, thanks to pjedsel for the correction. I didn't know they didn't cover all the states... i did know about the city pds, but i never had a chance to get any of those. Evers toy store was the source of a lot of my SpecCast fleet- and i ordered a bunch of other stuff from them years ago. Unfortunately, more bad news for me: i cut and pasted the 1/43 list onto the 1/64 list on my Flickr, and my executive assistant was supposed to edit it for me- but i guess you can't get good help these days. So, it doesn't look like i have any of the Wyoming SpecCast featured (you might recognize them as the basis for the Baynard Police Fleet, with just a few added details and some cover-up here and there... i didn't even bother to change the seal) have to make some corrections there. Also, i only have one or two shots of the older Mbx Montana rides... for now.

As far as dio tips go... i don't have any kind of how-to or guide. but the FAQ covers a lot of stuff, and the layout set on Flickr gives some behind the scenes shots too:

1stPix FAQ

1stPix Layout

As far as NJ goes, i don't have that Mbx premiere version... although i wish i had bought it when it was out, and i won't buy any more of those Jada crown vics- they look too cheesy to me. I do have the Tahoe, even though it is way too big for me... it fits in with my 1/50 stuff, but just doesn't work for 1/64.

OK, so let's not focus on my screw-up, or the shortcomings in my collection, :wacko: and continue the tour:

Posted Image
Oregon State Police 2008 Ford CVPI by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
New Jersey State Police Diecast Tahoe by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
New Jersey State Police Diecast Tahoe by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr
(both of these shots are taken with 1/50 scale & oversized "1/64" vehicles

I guess this means i need to do some more recent photos to update the collection!

THANKS

Edited by diomakr, Sep 2 2012, 08:07 AM.

diomakr
Station Wagon
Here's another shot from Oregon, and the new NOVA crash scene... i guess i will just have to keep updating my pix as i go along to make sure all the agenices are well represented...

Posted Image
Oregon State Police 2008 Ford CVPI by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Fairfax County, Virginia Crash Scene by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

and here's another angle on a few of the NEW Hot Pursuit models:
Posted Image
Wichita Kansas Police Ford CVPI by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Ford Police Interceptor Utility Demonstrator by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
La Vista Police Dodge Charger by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Milwaukee Police Traffic Stop by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Where to next? :toy:

Stampede
Member Avatar
Team Canada
Thanks for posting these pics. The dios are very, very nice and I love them. Keep up the great work! (I also 'liked' your page on facebook)

Aside from that, do you have kissimmee police & montana hwy patrol? Thanks once again.
Edited by Stampede, Sep 25 2012, 10:36 PM.

Swifty
Member Avatar
Great new additions! Nice to see you have matching fire trucks to go along with a lot of the police cars. And I really like the car carrier hauling demo derby cars!

diomakr
Station Wagon
Yeah- i tried to match up the Milwaukee PD with the Wisconsin banger & I wish i had more of the various departments to match up with the fire-rescue models... but for now, let's see what's going on in the great state of OHIO:

Posted Image
Ohio State Highway Patrol Chevy Impala by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Ohio State Highway Patrol Crash Scene by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Cincinnatti Ohio Police by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Cleveland Ohio Police Ford CVPI Diecast by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Cleveland Ohio Police Ford CVPI Diecast by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Wilmington Ohio Police Dodge Charger by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Wayne Co. Ohio Sheriff Ford CVPI - 1/64 Greenlight diecast by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Wayne Co. Ohio Sheriff CVPI Diecast Diorama by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

i'm starting think somebody at GL has some ties to the "Buckeye State"

Thanks for coming along...

Harvestman
Member Avatar
Captain Slow
I know a few guys who asked GL to produce the Cincinnati police car. I still don't have a copy, but it is a very nice model!

Stampede
Member Avatar
Team Canada
HarvestmanMan
Sep 29 2012, 09:03 PM
I know a few guys who asked GL to produce the Cincinnati police car. I still don't have a copy, but it is a very nice model!
Try this website. Policecarmodels.com -Greenlight

I just ordered from them. They have great service, and I recommend it to anyone looking for police cars. I know they have the Cincinnati car you're looking for.

diomakr
Station Wagon
THANKS for all the compliments- i came across another thread about the El Paso ISD Texas car- so i figure we should head on down to the lone star state:

Posted Image
Brazos Co. Texas Sheriff's Office Diecast Diorama by Phil 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Brazos Co. Texas Sheriff's Office Diecast Diorama by Phil 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Houston Texas PD Slicktop - 1/64 Diecast Dodge Charger by Phil 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Houston Texas Police Dodge Charger: 1/64 Greenlight Diecast by Phil 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
You Can Run... Diecast Diorama by Phil 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
El Paso Texas ISD Ford CVPI Diecast by Phil 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Montgomery Co. Texas Sheriff Ford CVPI -Greenlight diecast by Phil 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Montgomery County Sheriff, Texas Diecast Ford CVPI by Phil 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Texas Highway Patrol Chevrolet Tahoe by Phil 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Texas Highway Patrol Diecast by Phil 1stPix, on Flickr

Thanks for coming along for the ride... :toy:

Swifty
Member Avatar
Great new additions as always! I love the accident with the Diet Pepsi truck. Looks like the "Cola Wars" have flared up again and Coca-Cola has taken it literally this time. ;)

Of course I'm an RC Cola drinker so I waste no opportunity to poke fun at the main two.

craftymore
Member Avatar
Support your local demo derby.

Like the last pic of the Chevy SUV towing the pro-mod stock car. I'm nominating that for Picture of the Month. :wave:

accobra64
Member Avatar
Minivan
daniel60
Aug 31 2012, 04:09 PM
Wow beautiful. Can you recommend me a Camera for wide angle photography. My Kodak can only about a span of four inches.
Which model of Kodak camera are you using?

Cheers. Cobra

Stampede
Member Avatar
Team Canada
What series can I find the slicktop Charger? I think it's a greenlight

diomakr
Station Wagon
i'm not sure which one you're refering to... i don't really pay much attention to the release/series numbers in any case (not all LE vehicles are in the Hot Pursuit line... for some reason they also issue them in "county roads")

Speaking of County Roads, here's the Village of Winnetka, IL:

Posted Image
Winnetka IL Police by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Winnetka IL Police by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

and here's a few more from some other 'fly over states'

Posted Image
Iowa State Patrol Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor: Greenlight Diecast by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Iowa State Patrol Traffic Stop Diecast Diorama by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Indiana State Police Diorama by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Westfield Indiana Police 2011 Ford Explorer by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Johnson County Kansas Sheriff Diecast Diorama by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Johnson County Kansas Sheriff Diecast Diorama by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

thanks for coming along for the ride... :toy:
Edited by diomakr, Oct 23 2012, 10:19 AM.

Swifty
Member Avatar
Great pics as always! Loving the first one with Joe Dirt getting stopped, and who makes that Greyhound bus?

diomakr
Station Wagon
That's from Tonkin Replicas- i have about 6 of 'em. i won't buy them unless they are on sale- the bases are plastic and the windows are kind of cheesy for the money. ($40 reg price) Diecast direct carries a bunch of different versions.

here's a few shots with a few in the background in So. Dakota, Vermont and Utah:

Posted Image
South Dakota Highway Patrol 1/64 Diecast Ford CVPI by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
South Dakota Highway Patrol Diecast Diorama by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Vermont State Police -Greenlight Hot Pursuit Diecast by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Vermont State Police -Greenlight Hot Pursuit Diecast by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Matchbox Diecast: Utah Highway Patrol Chevrolet Camaro by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Utah Highway Patrol Ford Mustang Diecast by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Utah Highway Patrol Traffic Stop by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr
Edited by diomakr, Oct 26 2012, 01:19 PM.

Philly Wheels
Member Avatar
Midsize
I don't know if you custom your cruisers but I just had Flaming Graphics do some custom Philly Decals. Some are original some are custom designs. I will be doing the Tahoe, Charger and a wagon in the near future but all my stuff is packed. I'm preparing for a move. Not sure yet on which van I'm going to use but if I figure out hot to post pics here I'll post finished projects....

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
Philly Wheels
Dec 8 2012, 01:57 PM
I don't know if you custom your cruisers but I just had Flaming Graphics do some custom Philly Decals. Some are original some are custom designs. I will be doing the Tahoe, Charger and a wagon in the near future but all my stuff is packed. I'm preparing for a move. Not sure yet on which van I'm going to use but if I figure out hot to post pics here I'll post finished projects....
I look forward to seeing your Philadelphia customs.

diomakr
Station Wagon
I do a little customizing, but not much... i mostly focus on creating the scenes for the vehicles. but in any case, no representation from the city of brotherly love, but i would be remiss if i didn't sneak some other PA cops in here, and both agencies are just a stones throw away from the liberty bell, which i think played a huge part in the battle of endor (but i could be wrong, i barely skimmed the brochure):

Posted Image
2008 Ridley Township PA Police Charger- Greenlight Diecast by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
Ridley Twp. Police Dodge Charger- 1:64 Diecast by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
East Hempfield Twp. PA Police Diecast by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

Posted Image
East Hempfield Twp. PA Police Diecast by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

i've got some 'peeps' up this way, and there is a great pet store- "that fish place" in lancaster- i think it's one of the biggest in the U.S.

in any case, hurry up and get those philly customs finished in time for next years LE vehicle show!

Posted Image
Spring into Car Show Season: Law Enforcement Day by Phil's 1stPix, on Flickr

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dioramas · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

September's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations FoolTrottel for winning September's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

4th quarter 2017's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations guy64 for winning 4th quarter 2017's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here