Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: July 16, 2017)

Welcome To Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Johnny Lightning's 2005 Ford Mustang

To learn more about the Johnny Lightning Mustang: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ultra Raw
Topic Started: Aug 21 2013, 11:02 PM (1,662 Views)
craftymore
Member Avatar
Support your local demo derby.

News from AW . . .

UltraRAW – Top Secret Chase Cars

There’s a secret embedded in the Auto World die-cast line. If you’ve been collecting our new 1:64 die-cast and purchased an unpainted “raw” version of the car, consider yourself lucky…VERY lucky. They are among the rarest die-cast ever released into the mass-market wilderness. We have randomly inserted TEN of these cars into the production run of each casting. That’s it. No more, no less. These have been absolutely top secret until now. Even people in our own company didn’t know they existed. We wanted this to be an exciting surprise for everyone.

If you discover one of these cars, you’ll be a part of a very select group of people owning one of the rarest mass-produced die-cast cars ever made.

Have you found one? Keep looking!

The UltraRAW chase cars are available in all price points.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SLWPAR
Member Avatar
Fullsize
Awesome! I wouldn't mind have the raw Hennessey Camaro.

Dean-o-mite
Member Avatar
Pony Car
This is the kind of chase car that all chase cars should be. Something unique that will get the chase car collectors excited, but not another pretty paint color. These, I am not interested in, but I root for the people who want them, to be able to have a crack at one.

James
Member Avatar
Mr.Bowtie
Dean-O-mite
Aug 22 2013, 01:32 AM
This is the kind of chase car that all chase cars should be. Something unique that will get the chase car collectors excited, but not another pretty paint color. These, I am not interested in, but I root for the people who want them, to be able to have a crack at one.
I agree, I would buy one if I seen one, and rip it out of its package so fast, take pictures and post here....

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like raw zamac cars, but I'm always concerned how they will hold up in the high humidity of Florida. EVERYTHING rots here. I have a few zamac pieces but I watch them like a hawk.

MGroothuis
Compact
juantoo3
Aug 22 2013, 07:27 AM
I like raw zamac cars, but I'm always concerned how they will hold up in the high humidity of Florida. EVERYTHING rots here. I have a few zamac pieces but I watch them like a hawk.
Well, they are "raw" but they are clear-coated. ;) They'll hold up just like the others.

jedimario
Member Avatar
RAWR
Those are beautiful! Much nicer looking than the red ones, and will actually be tough to get a hold of. This is how chase cars should be done. You guys are decent casting choices away from becoming my favorite brand ;)

gunn
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
the dart phoenix has all ready hit the bay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-World-CHASE-1961-DODGE-DART-PHOENIX-Chase-Car-UNPAINTED-ZAMAC-CARD-DAMAGE-/190888570006?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160=

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MGroothuis
Aug 22 2013, 07:57 AM
juantoo3
Well, they are "raw" but they are clear-coated. ;) They'll hold up just like the others.
Awesome! That is as huge relief!

66alfa_gtv
Fullsize
Kinda cool. As long as these castings don't start showing up with Monopoly or Coke logos, I'm fine.

Atencio
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Clear coated. That's cool. I like the ones with the white paint but not really a chase or raw collector.

craftymore
Member Avatar
Support your local demo derby.

I'm not a chase aficionado. That stated these are actual chase cars so those who want them really will have to do some running. If I see a red one of one of these, I'm buying for sure. To me the real stars are the models themselves in stock form.

Stampede
Member Avatar
Team Canada
James
Aug 22 2013, 02:21 AM
Dean-O-mite
Aug 22 2013, 01:32 AM
I agree, I would buy one if I seen one, and rip it out of its package so fast, take pictures and post here....
Same here. They're just stunners!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rx79gez8gundam
Member Avatar
Microcar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Especially cool in third gen form.

78Gremlin_GT
Member Avatar
The Gremlin Guy
I've bought a few Zamac Hotwheels, as they look interesting. Obviously acquiring one of THESE AW versions will be far more difficult to do. :wacko: But I'll keep my eyes open for one. I don't really have a favorite in the whole line of them, maybe the Kingwood wagon. But I'd take what I find. :P

Jerry

daniel60
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
You know it's interesting that the chase car is worth the most and doesn't even have a coat of paint. It's unique and in no way I'm complaining. I just find it interesting. You Gurus of paint and body I pose a question, Could you make your very own or is it not possible?

SeberHusky
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
I don't think I'd ever get one.

Nobody here sells AW, and eBay is a no-go, as these will likely be $200+ lol

SeberHusky
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
MGroothuis
Aug 22 2013, 07:57 AM
juantoo3
I have a Matchbox Premiere model from the 1990's(?), done in the same way. Bare metal, but clearcoated.

Posted Image

86-irocz-28
Microcar
rx79gez8gundam
Jul 15 2014, 11:05 PM
Posted Image
Posted Image
Especially cool in third gen form.
Any chance you want to sell that ultra raw?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 7: Auto World · Next Topic »
Add Reply

March's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations carsdownunder for winning March's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

April's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations daniel60 for winning April's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here