Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: July 16, 2017)

Welcome To Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Johnny Lightning's 2005 Ford Mustang

To learn more about the Johnny Lightning Mustang: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lamborghini Miura - Matchbox vs. Hot Wheels 100% vs. Kyosho
Topic Started: Mar 23 2014, 02:38 AM (2,443 Views)
250 TR
Member Avatar

Up for review are three different versions of the wonderful Lamborghini Miura. First is the Matchbox version from the recent Exotics 5 pack, next is the Hot Wheels 100% version, and last is the Kyosho Miura Jota. The Kyosho is the Jota version of the Miura so it's not quite a comparison of like models but I think it's close enough to the regular Miura to warrant being included in the comparison. I personally think all three models are great in their own right. Each has it's flaws, but I think all three are very well done overall. The Matchbox is the least detailed but I actually think it is the most accurate. The Hot Wheels is very well detailed and is very nice with it's opening engine bay, but the casting is not quite as defined. The Kyosho looks great, especially in pictures, but there are a few faults with it that aren't quite up to the typical Kyosho level. For one, the front rides a little too high and the engine cover also looks a little cheaply done for Kyosho. Nitpicking aside, I think all three are great models and would be welcome additions for anyone that is a fan of the Miura. Feel free to post your own thoughts, comments or pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Firehawk73
Member Avatar

I am fond of the Matchbox versions too! I think did a very excellent job for it being a dollar car and if the wheels on the MB version wasn't so big I think it would give the other 2 alot more competition in overall appearance. The thick paint on the HWs version seems to blurr out the lines of the car but otherwise an excellent model. I have being eyeing that 5 pack for sometime now but I am refraining from multi car purchases. If I found the MB Lamborghini in a single I would grab it in a heartbeat. It seems that the gold color suits that car quite well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stampede
Member Avatar
Team Canada
For $1, you can't go wrong with the Matchbox. As you said, all the models look great!

clem24
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
All 3 look great but the MBX stands out IMO as the one that most looks like the prototype. If you spruced it up a bit (add a mirror, some detail paint, put on accurate rims), I think you have a better model than the other 2.

jedimario
Member Avatar
RAWR
Kyosho wheels never fail to amaze me. But as everyone's said, all three are fantastic. Kudos to the MB for punching above its price point.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Siniweb
Member Avatar
Fullsize
All three are amazing little models, every one of them has its justification to be sought after by collectors.
In my opinion the CM's casting of the Lambo Miura tops them all, but itīs just me.

Full Flaps!
Member Avatar
Compact
I purchased the Matchbox 5-pack - on sale for $3.00, specifically for the Miura.
Turns out the BMW Z8 in that pack is pretty nice too, and surprisingly heavy.

But the Matchbox works for me.
It's got the right look, clever details, and is an excellent example - especially for the money.
And like the 1:1 Miura, just about as uncommon to see.
I never did see the yellow release around my area.

On the subject of Kyosho, I've read elsewhere that the quality of their details tends to fall short occasionally - even in 1:18.
Makes me a little wary of Kyosho.

punisher1
punisher1
All look to be great detail. The Hot wheels one is putting me off though, as the headlights look like it's crossed-eyed & from a 'Cars' movie! :/

coldpopcarl
Member Avatar
I live a VW way of life eat breathe sleep dream & was HOME 16 years
Here is one I really like havin'

Posted Image

Posted Image

I been trying to locate me HW KAYBEE TOYS jay leno for past couple years

Atencio
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
CMs Lamborghini are pretty darn close to Kyosho. Sitting on a shelf I have trouble telling them apart unless it's one of the CMs with the headlights up. I just picked up a Sakura which is a tab on the large size at 1/54 but an interesting piece.
Posted Image

Posted Image

BossCar
Fullsize
The most recent Miura in the MBX Best of has got to be one the nicest MBX models I've ever seen. The mainline Miura was already great. That blue one is just fantastic.

Lummox
Microcar
A little late to the party, but love the thread.

The Kyosho of course is masterfully done as most are. MB give more bang for the buck if $s are an issue.

Then the HW's 100%...I can hardly make out what the wheels are trying to look like. I can only guess the obvious.
A little black-wash work to those wheels and you'll rectify the visual mush.
Paint is a little thick, and the front valance doesn't mesh with the shape of the front clip perfect,
but would buy it in a heartbeat.

After seeing MBXPilot's blue MB, I had to order one form evilbay. So nice!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Inspection Station: Reviews · Next Topic »
Add Reply

March's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations carsdownunder for winning March's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

April's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations daniel60 for winning April's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here