Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: July 17, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Tomica 1986 Mazda RX-7

Click Here: Tomica '86 Mazda RX-7
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Toyotageek's Garage; "NOT JUST TOYOTA" - The latest additions to my minicar collection
Topic Started: Dec 10 2014, 03:20 PM (61,121 Views)
toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
I'm a bit behind in starting this thread, but it took me a while to find my way down here. :lol:

Will add photos as I get new stuff. Hopefully some of you will enjoy them. For the first batch of photos I'm going back about a few months... future photos will be better organized (hopefully).

EDIT: The summer of 2017, we were hit by news that Photobucket would stop third party linking of all photos. Swifty's has opened up editing of all threads, so I will try as best I can to update all photos originating from Photobucket. If I succeed, no one will notice. If I fail, I apologize for the broken photo links.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: P1Aa.jpg (119.32 KB)
Attachments: P1B.jpg (167.06 KB)
Attachments: P1C.jpg (61.51 KB)
Attachments: P1D.jpg (54.09 KB)
Attachments: P1E.jpg (65.5 KB)
Edited by toyotageek, Nov 10 2017, 12:15 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Attached to this post:
Attachments: P2A.jpg (44.13 KB)
Attachments: P2Ba.jpg (132.5 KB)
Attachments: P2C.jpg (45.83 KB)
Attachments: P2D.jpg (35.27 KB)
Attachments: P2E.jpg (70.08 KB)
Edited by toyotageek, Aug 15 2017, 03:27 PM.

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

An assortment of Kyosho and Tomica that still need to be unwrapped...
Posted Image

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Mazda Roadster 25th Anniversary 1/64 scale model car (and postage stamps)

Posted Image

Posted Image

250 TR
Member Avatar

That's quite a haul and lots and lots of great ones at that. I'm looking forward to following what else you add. I really like the Miata's and the Carnel's. Can I see some more pictures of the F-Toys cars (I still really want to get the 2000 GT at some point), and also the Crazy Ken's Car Club 1600 GT?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
250 TR
Dec 10 2014, 05:34 PM
That's quite a haul and lots and lots of great ones at that. I'm looking forward to following what else you add. I really like the Miata's and the Carnel's. Can I see some more pictures of the F-Toys cars (I still really want to get the 2000 GT at some point), and also the Crazy Ken's Car Club 1600 GT?
i'll try to get some pictures of the F-Toys and Krazy Ken's 1600 GT up soon. :thumbup:

In the meantime, here is today's find:

Greenlight Motor World - American
2011 Honda Civic Si

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stampede
Member Avatar
Team Canada
Very nice, Michael! You can bet I'll be stopping by often on this thread due to my tastes!

The F-Toys cars look quite nice, and like Ben, I am tempted to that 2000GT. Are they a new(er) company?

Swifty
Member Avatar
The Mustang II is a Mustang too!
Awesome additions! My favorite is the Pizza Planet "Yo" Toyota truck. I've never managed to find one of those!

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nice haulage! (I see a couple of AWs snuck in there...careful, they are addictive!)

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Stampede - Thanks! Most of what I'll be posting will be various Japanese cars, although I occasionally venture off in other directions.

The F-Toys brand is actually called F-Toys Confectionery ... because they make candy, and sell toys with their candy. Although sometimes I think it's actually the other way around. I have a feeling it was something that started long ago where the candy was the primary product, but it has evolved to what we have today where the candy is overshadowed by the toy. Here is their website http://www.f-toys.net/ - as well as an English page http://www.f-toys.net/index.php?m=fproduct&t=list&page=0 (which is not up-to-date).

Swifty - I bought my Todd the delivery trucks from fellow collectors. I have one original (first gen) Todd, and one newer (second gen) Todd). When the original came out, I wasn't collecting "Cars" and then he was reissued this year, but I haven't found one in the stores yet so asked some "Cars" friends for help in getting him.

Juantoo3 - I'm still on the fence over the AW. They are nice (and yes, that means addictive), and I managed to get all the ones I was interested in from the first and second series, but I'm at a point where I need to reconsider my collecting habits once again... :wacko:

carcollector
Member Avatar

That's a great Garage, thanks for the pics ;)

clem24
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Great stuff! Man you're almost as 'bad' as I am; I'd be afraid to post my new stuff on here in case my wife comes a visiting... :D

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Thanks for the comments guys.

Clem24 - my wife actually used to help me out a lot before we got married and she was still living in Japan. Since then I try not to bother her too much with minicar stuff unless it's an emergency (LOL).

Here my latest incoming...

These are the cars that were all wrapped in bubble pack in an earlier photo. I got these with the help of Yannick from 829 Japan.
I'll be posting individual photos elsewhere later on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also....
A couple of Spark Petit (1/64 scale).
I ordered these way back in July of this year, from Replicarz, and they finally shipped a few days ago.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by toyotageek, Dec 15 2014, 10:45 AM.

JoeX
Member Avatar
Casual JDM enthusiast
Wow, Michael! You've been busy! I'm just getting into collecting Kyoshos, myself. In fact, I have a couple Kyosho Lamborghini models coming my way soon. I'm looking forward to getting some Japanese cars in my collection soon.

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Where does all the time go? Models keep coming in, but I can't seem to find the time to photograph them. :wacko:

Here are the contents of my latest package from Japan. Sorry for the poor cell phone photo.

Posted Image

I really going to try & sit down and take pictures this weekend.... at least I hope I'll try... :blush:

Stampede
Member Avatar
Team Canada
At one point, I will need to try and acquire the IDx Nismo. What a model!

The CarNels and TLVs look quite nice, and the Tomica Dinosaur transporter looks amusing!

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Some quick pics from my phone until I can upload the ones from my camera...

Skyline GT-R KPGC110 Custom
Posted Image

Fairlady 240ZG Custom
Posted Image

So far, they look pretty good with the naked eye. The Skyline has some minor paint imperfections on the roof, and the 240ZG has one healight lens that is just slightly off (has a minor gap at one point of fit against the body).

I will get to all the others ASAP, including those from earlier... :blush:

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
And two more...

Posted Image

Nissan IDx NISMO North American International Auto Show 2014
Posted Image

here is the sprue with the fender mirrors...
Posted Image

Snake Motors Prince Clipper "completely organic flow Curry" (I'm going have to ask my wife or someone else for a better translation... LOL)
Posted Image

Hosspower98
Member Avatar
Forever Blue Oval
Those are some nice finds for your collection Mike. I know very little about the Asian cars. They look very detailed. I have a few 1:24-1:28 scale Kyosho MiniZ bodies that I have adapted to use on Xmod r/c cars, I was impressed by the detail, I commend you on your focus.

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Hosspower98
Jan 5 2015, 03:41 PM
Those are some nice finds for your collection Mike. I know very little about the Asian cars. They look very detailed. I have a few 1:24-1:28 scale Kyosho MiniZ bodies that I have adapted to use on Xmod r/c cars, I was impressed by the detail, I commend you on your focus.
Thank you.

I know Japanese cars aren't to everyone's taste, but I like to be different. :rolleyes:

For me it all started because I have been working at a Toyota dealer for almost 30 years.
I've owned a 1977 Celica liftback for almost 25 years, and have been involved with two car shows (one Toyotafest, 16 years; and the other is the Japanese Classic Car Show, 10 years).
It also helps that my wife is from Japan and I've been there 6 times.
During all those years I became fascinated with Japanese cars, their history & development (especially the 50's, 60's and 70's), and their ingenuity.
I especially like Kei cars (under 1,000 cc).
I'm an oddball because I'm not really a car guy... so I don't really understand my interest when it comes down to it, other than I've always been interested in miniature models and dioramas... :wacko:

In other words, it gives me a purpose in life. :lol:

It is hard to stay focused as I have also ventured into GL and AW... and if I get organized this year I will be parting with much of them.
Edited by toyotageek, Jan 5 2015, 04:04 PM.

clem24
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
I bought that Carnel KPGC110 Skyline as well. The stance and wheel offsets appear completely wrong, not to mention that the seat back fell out of the car during shipping. Luckily I was able to glue it back but it was still a challenge. Still for $27 MSRP, I expect the model to be practically PERFECT and perfect it ain't; quality also had a LOT to be desired vs. TLV, which is HALF THE FREAKIN' PRICE. Makes TLV look like a total bargain. Craziness!!!

Emptywallet
Member Avatar
Minivan
Nice additions.Im not a big car guy either but love miniature versions of them.I think its the facination of the smallness of the cars and being able to hold it in your hand.Tomicas have done an exceptional job of that in their Japanese vehicles.

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Took pictures of some of the Tomica today..

#35 Toyota NOAH
Posted Image

#115 Toyota VOXY
Posted Image
Posted Image

#137 Plesiosauria Transporter
Posted Image

The transporter seems to be a generic truck, and the trailer is fixed to the cab (no 5th wheel coupling), but the Plesiosaur's fins articulate! :P

clem24
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
I wonder what led them to do the Voxy in 2 colors but the Noah in only 1? I realize one is just a rebadge of another but still.. Why even do the Noah?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Showroom · Next Topic »
Add Reply

March's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations DinoMom for winning March's contest!

April's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations carsdownunder for winning April's contest!