Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: August 22, 2017)

Welcome To Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Grell's 1967 Trabant 601 DeLuxe Universal

To learn more about the Grell '67 Trabant 601 DeLuxe Universal: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Ripa's additions
Topic Started: May 9 2016, 01:20 AM (23,403 Views)
Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
Since I've been buying more lately, I'd thought to start a topic for new additions to my collections.

To start off with, these very cheap sets were from the self-service flea market yesterday;

I already have a couple of Majorette Mustangs but this is the only one whose windshield is not stepped over. Also I have several Super5s but only one before that which has it's tailgate still in place. Land rovers are also existing in multiple numbers, this one will get a cattle bar from some other that's otherwise in worse condition.
The chinese unnamed cars as well as the China helicopter I'll probably donate to my brother-in-laws son.
Posted Image

The Hot Wheels in this set are MINT, so had to get it. The Majorette Econoline is in great shape apart from missing it's roof extension panel. I'll most likely replace it with a custom made roof rack of some kind. The yellow formula-like generic is not gonna stay in my collections, I'm gonna donate it forward.
Posted Image

This was a true find since the price was around $5 for the whole bag.
All the cars are in good condition except the black mere missing its a pillars and the Siku Finnish Police VW van missing a lot. Stretch fetcha has a crack in the windshield and is missing the tailgate but I'll probably use the body of it to another one. Majorette Maharajah's will get replacement umbrellas and a through restoration.
The Siku Ambulance, Mini, Majorette 205 and Matchbox Thunderbird can be classified as MINT.
Maharajahs, Hot Wheels Formula and Funny car Corvette were the only castings of the set I didn't already had some variation.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
Had to get these when they are still available at a decent price, the prices at eBay seem to be skyrocketing already even when they are still available in hobby webshops.

Posted Image

Stampede
Member Avatar
Team Canada
Those Oversteers are awesome - something I need to pick up in the future. Very jealous of those!

Great finds at the flea market as well - really liking the Siku Sprinter and the HW R34 in particular.

Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing this thread grow! It's off to a great start so far.

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
Better get them while you still can for $10-15 each, they're asking already over $30 of them on eBay.

Milton Fox Racing
Member Avatar
SUV
Quite an ecclectic start! Is the red Oversteer an Aston Martin?

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
Nope, that's a Mazda too.

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
These came with the Oversteers. Love the color and whitewall tires in Isuzu. The Tomica Miata is nice castingwise.

Posted Image

This was 50cents in web auction, no other bidders so I decided to give a new home to this mint HW Ferrari instead of letting it slide into some child's toy box.

Posted Image

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Welcome to the Showroom Ripa. I am thoroughly enjoying your new acquisitions. :thumbup:

Hobie-wan
Member Avatar
SUV
Lots of goodies from the flea market. Looks like that yellow Corvette is pull back?

microbuss
Member Avatar
SUV
:o Stretcha Fetcha ambulance! *Grabby Paws!* do want one! hehe
Edited by microbuss, May 9 2016, 10:14 AM.

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
Hobie-wan
May 9 2016, 10:00 AM
Looks like that yellow Corvette is pull back?
It is. The brand is "Road Champs". I don't have any others of that brand.

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My two favorites of your latest pics are the two Majorette Maharajahs...sadly missing their umbrellas.

Milton Fox Racing
Member Avatar
SUV
Ripa
May 9 2016, 05:08 AM
Nope, that's a Mazda too.
A nice looking Mazda, I would say!

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
Saw this 2015 TH by random while walking past the toy section in a local supermarket so I just had to grab it though it is not my usual taste..

But I like the METAL base.

Posted Image
Edited by Ripa, May 10 2016, 11:22 AM.

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
When I reached to grab the Beetle, behind it was this Ferrari and behind it thIs NSX. Because I didn't have 'em, decided to get them too... couldn't help myself. :blush:

Posted Image

And next to them, these Majorettes. I buy only a little Majorettes since many castings are not that nice. BMW was a clear buy but I was not able to decide between the older and newer Twingo so got them both.

Posted Image

microbuss
Member Avatar
SUV
hey Ripa I likes your guide as to which cars you collect
tho there are 7 that I collect you crossed out :lol:

great find on the TH :thumbup:

Milton Fox Racing
Member Avatar
SUV
Congrates!

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
microbuss
May 10 2016, 11:31 AM
hey Ripa I likes your guide as to which cars you collect
tho there are 7 that I collect you crossed out :lol:
I can make you your own, just tell which ones to mark as "yes" and which as "no"

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
I spent the whole 2015 not getting the Datsun wagon, but today I finally got it when I saw it in a discount department store (yes, most stores here still have 2015 mainline, different batches even from the beginning of 2015, 2016's seen only in a few stores in Finland). The racing Dacia Duster was such a oddball I had to pick that up also. Prius was because of the nice color.

Posted Image

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
You diecast guys probably won't cheer to this but this awesome Herpa 1:87 scale Corvette arrived in today's mail.

Posted Image

Hobie-wan
Member Avatar
SUV
I finally found my own yellow wagon pretty late too. Always cool to snag something in the wild yourself finally. That Vette looks cool to me. :)

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks good all the way around!

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
Though in a kinda poor condition, I had to buy this for restoration because I have never seen this Hot Wheels 505 available here. Costed next to nothing on a Finnish auction site, though when you add postage it was around the same a new HW car would cost in a store here.

I'm pretty sure the seller was the other Finnish guy I've seen posting here..

Posted Image

microbuss
Member Avatar
SUV
Ripa
May 11 2016, 01:23 AM
I can make you your own, just tell which ones to mark as "yes" and which as "no"
yeah?
well I do collect semi trucks, cargo vans, vans, TRAINS!, buses, tanks which is military anyway, construction vehicles, some planes & some race cars
mostly I wants 1:87 or close cause 1:80 to 1:100 is close anyway As is 1:72 kinda sorta :lol:
1:64 is ok too
Japan, EU, USA & Canada Plus Mexico
what is DLM?
Carboard yes

cody6268
Member Avatar
Minivan
Ripa
May 11 2016, 09:49 AM
You diecast guys probably won't cheer to this but this awesome Herpa 1:87 scale Corvette arrived in today's mail.

Posted Image
I myself have decided to get into the HO scale models (mostly trucks, emergency vehicles, and construction/farm equipment), and when my grandparents and I finally figure out what happened to my father's old Lionel train set from the '70s (was top of the line at that time, and had been purchased for him my my great-grandparents on my grandmother's side) I plan to start a layout. Plastic Matchbox models don't bother me at all--just as long as they don't modify existing Matchbox castings. In fact, I'm a big fan of the Renault Master ambulance--best ambulance Matchbox has put out in years!

Great looking Corvette! Herpa is another one of those makers that do a great job--problem is new and used they're expensive.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Showroom · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

March's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations carsdownunder for winning March's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

April's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations daniel60 for winning April's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here