Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: October 20, 2017)

Welcome To Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Greenlight 1965 Lincoln Continental

To learn more about the Greenlight '65 Lincoln Continental: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
It's time to talk about the Gathering!!!
Topic Started: Jun 18 2016, 03:11 PM (3,881 Views)
Badge109
Compact
Okay everyone,

It looks like this is the right time of year to take roll call. As I've said one hundred times already this will be the first Gathering experience for my wife and I!!! We are extremely excited to attend. Okay, maybe me more than my wife. We fly into Denver on Thursday, July 14 and travel south from there, arriving in ABQ that night around 9 or 10pm. From there we are roadtripping allllll over the west for two weeks.

Who is coming? When are you arriving? My wife and I are going to have lunch with the emergency crew on Friday, probably visit the Route 66 Summerfest on Saturday afternoon before we attend the Gathering dinner.

As my wife looks over my shoulder as I type this, I'm reminded of a question: What's the attire for dinner? I'm assuming shorts and a polo are good? Or are long pants recommended? I suspect it's a fairly casual event.

Can't wait to meet everyone and reconnect! I'm probably unrecognizable from when I stopped collecting around age 17. Hard to believe I'm 30 now.

Matt Fogarty
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

fucumi
Midsize
Hi Matt, I'll be arriving Thursday in the afternoon and as always I expect more than a few to already be there. The dress for dinner is in fact casual, I usually wear shorts and some sleeves at least instead of a tank top. I also see a lot those button up shirts with pictures of fish or cars on them too, haha.

Jim

Badge109
Compact
fucumi
Jun 20 2016, 09:24 PM
Hi Matt, I'll be arriving Thursday in the afternoon and as always I expect more than a few to already be there. The dress for dinner is in fact casual, I usually wear shorts and some sleeves at least instead of a tank top. I also see a lot those button up shirts with pictures of fish or cars on them too, haha.

Jim
Those shirts sound like the same group as in my father's Corvette club! HAHAHA

microbuss
Member Avatar
SUV
you oughta come up to my neck of the woods hehe

*RV*
Member Avatar
Subcompact
fucumi
Jun 20 2016, 09:24 PM

Jim
Jim, all of those sitting at the dinner table with you appreciate the fact you're wearing a shirt with sleeves, although half of them probably don't recognize you with them on. :P

Jeff Koch
Compact
My wife and I will be there. We will arrive Thursday noon with our usual van full of non-Matchbox stuff, and with any luck they'll actually let us in our room and put us on a floor where all of the room-to-room action is. I also know Lil 86 is flying in from out of country, Atencio is flying/driving in, and Toyrfic will be rolling in as well. Oh and of course moderator David V. will be in for all of the fun as well. And diecast blogger/internet celebrity John Lambert as well. See you there!

Badge109
Compact
Jeff Koch
Jul 2 2016, 04:45 AM
My wife and I will be there. We will arrive Thursday noon with our usual van full of non-Matchbox stuff, and with any luck they'll actually let us in our room and put us on a floor where all of the room-to-room action is. I also know Lil 86 is flying in from out of country, Atencio is flying/driving in, and Toyrfic will be rolling in as well. Oh and of course moderator David V. will be in for all of the fun as well. And diecast blogger/internet celebrity John Lambert as well. See you there!
I look forward to meeting you and everyone else!

Hoseman
Member Avatar
Fullsize
Matt, we will be arriving on Thursday evening as well. Looking forward to meeting you at the "Emergency Collectors' Luncheon" on Friday. I'll PM you my cell phone number.

See you soon,
Sammy

Atencio
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
I should be there around noon on Friday.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · MC International Gathering of Friends Convention · Next Topic »
Add Reply

May's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Mikey 1/64 for winning May's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

June's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations SnowOwl for winning June's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here