Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: December 5, 2017)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Kyosho 2000 Toyota MR-S

To learn more about the Kyosho '00 Toyota MR-S: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Truck of the Day : December 20th, 2016; Greenlight '17 Ram Power Wagon
Topic Started: Dec 19 2016, 09:55 PM (936 Views)
craftymore
Member Avatar
Support your local demo derby.

Posted Image

Greenlight's 2017 Ram Power Wagon is the truck for today.

Posted Image

Wikipedia.com

Ram Trucks, stylized as RAM (formally known as the Ram Truck Division) is a United States-based brand of light to mid-weight commercial vehicles established in 2009 as a division of FCA US LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. It was spun-off from Dodge marque, using the name of the popular Dodge Ram line of trucks. Ram Trucks' logo was originally Dodge's logo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Motortrend.com

Unveiled earlier this year, the 2017 Power Wagon starts life as a Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Crew Cab and is enhanced with a long list of off-road hardware and a new grille design trickled down from the Ram Rebel.

Under the hood is a 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 making 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque mated to a six-speed automatic. The Power Wagon boasts substantial upgrades to its suspension system, including Bilstein shocks and an electronic disconnecting front sway bar. Compared to the normal Ram 2500 HD, the Power Wagon is lifted 2.3 inches higher for 14.3 inches of total ground clearance and the capability to ford water at depths of up to 30 inches. Other goodies include front and rear locking differentials, a front-mounted Warn winch, 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires, Power Wagon decals, and skid plates.

Inside, the Power Wagon-exclusive seats are embossed to look like tire treads. If thatís not your style, a Leather & Luxury package can be had for $4,495 and includes leather seats, among other features.

Customers can also opt to buy a truck with Power Wagon hardware without the garish visual treatments. Ram says the 2500 HD Tradesman Crew Cab 4◊4 is available with a Power Wagon package for an additional $8,450, which brings the truckís price to $48,315.

Posted Image

Greenlight currently offers modern current pickups from Chevrolet, Ford and Ram. It's nice that an American company offers up the current bodystyles from all three domestic makers. I particularly like the Ram casting the best of the three. This hobby exclusive model was just released last month and was issued before the real 1/1 went on sale. It's a large casting that's well over 3.25" in length.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
:unsure: I still have problems listing these as Dodge trucks rather than Ram trucks. Hard to get used just the Ram name, I guess. This is a nice, rugged looking pickup from GL and a most welcome addition to their lineup of pickups from Ford, Chevy and Ram! :D

426maxwedgie
Member Avatar
Running in the 90's
I am not a fan of the "Ram" brand, it feels unnecessary. What was wrong with the Ram being a Dodge truck? Hyundai is now doing the same thing with their Genesis luxury sedan. The diecast presented here appears to be of exceptional quality though, Kudos to Greenlight.

JeepXJLover
Member Avatar
Minivan
Very nice Power Wagon from GL. Sadly every one of them I saw on the pegs had visible in the package issues otherwise I would have gotten one.

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess I'm stuck in my ways (Chrysler Imperial, anyone?), its still a Dodge to me.

Nice looking diecast.

diomakr
Station Wagon
Great pix! the glue is still drying on mine so I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I'm thrilled about this one. way to go GL...

Harvestman
Member Avatar
Captain Slow
Neither the real truck nor the model do anything for me, due in part to GL's usual quality control issues. The orange certainly stands out though.

RiveraNotario
Member Avatar
Compact
Greenlight makes such brilliant models, this casting and deco are outstanding!

Stangfreak
Member Avatar
SUV
An absolute beauty... This will be my next order from mc2-toys

Posted Image

Along with this one. Greenlight does such a fine job on these pickups!!!

Posted Image

jurcpa
Fullsize
power wagon pur a classic truck and a great transporter

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Car Of The Day · Next Topic »
Add Reply

May's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Mikey 1/64 for winning May's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

June's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations SnowOwl for winning June's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here