Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: March 29, 2017)

Welcome To Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Matchbox Super Convoys 1967 Ford C-900

Click Here: Matchbox Super Convoys 1967 Ford C-900
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lesney TWO Packs - Flames Trains & Automobiles; and Mercedes Trucks
Topic Started: Jan 8 2017, 06:03 PM (407 Views)
Douglas
Member Avatar
Minivan
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:thumbup: love the thread title!

Douglas
Member Avatar
Minivan
:lol: Thanks, Just a little play on words.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
Thread title definitely gets ones attention. I always liked the two packs from Matchbox and the neat variations they contained. I know they did quite a few military variations with the two packs! :thumbup:

microbuss
Member Avatar
Minivan
$1.88 on that Mercedes set!
which in today's money is about $5 or so

DON'T open them!
I shore wouldn't!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SSChevyman
Member Avatar
SUV
Winners , all winners !!!

Tyrolese
Member Avatar
Midsize
Some interesting and today high priced variations were available in the TPīs series.

I have just recently added the Alvis Stalwart in olive green to my collection. Was not an easy one to find.......

Douglas
Member Avatar
Minivan
pjedsel
Jan 8 2017, 07:42 PM
Thread title definitely gets ones attention. I always liked the two packs from Matchbox and the neat variations they contained. I know they did quite a few military variations with the two packs! :thumbup:
Have a few other of the packaged military TPs at home, and a number of non military, and a couple unpackaged ones, if I get some time in the next week I'll try to post them.

Douglas
Member Avatar
Minivan
microbuss
Jan 9 2017, 01:12 PM

DON'T open them!
I shore wouldn't!
No worry, I like the old packages so they'll stay intact.

Douglas
Member Avatar
Minivan
SSChevyman
Jan 9 2017, 01:29 PM
Winners , all winners !!!
Thanks Dave!

Douglas
Member Avatar
Minivan
Tyrolese
Jan 9 2017, 01:34 PM
Some interesting and today high priced variations were available in the TPīs series.

I have just recently added the Alvis Stalwart in olive green to my collection. Was not an easy one to find.......
That is a great one you added, I'm lucky to have found it still packaged, many years ago though, so the price was pretty low then, I believe it is the set that also includes the Ford Heavy Wreck truck in olive.

Copcar65
Member Avatar
Subcompact
I remember when that Mercury police car came out. It was the first Matchbox to have a light bar instead of just the gumball light. I was so excited. Some of the lesser brands had used light bars but this was the first Matchbox.

Tyrolese
Member Avatar
Midsize
Douglas
Jan 9 2017, 05:17 PM
Tyrolese
Jan 9 2017, 01:34 PM

That is a great one you added, I'm lucky to have found it still packaged, many years ago though, so the price was pretty low then, I believe it is the set that also includes the Ford Heavy Wreck truck in olive.
And the olive green wreck truck is still on my want list too......it just never stops :duh:

microbuss
Member Avatar
Minivan
Douglas
Jan 9 2017, 05:12 PM
microbuss
Jan 9 2017, 01:12 PM

DON'T open them!
I shore wouldn't!
No worry, I like the old packages so they'll stay intact.
yay!
one I'd like to find loose is that diesel & dump car
Course I want lots of passenger cars & a caboose :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Douglas
Member Avatar
Minivan
Copcar65
Jan 9 2017, 08:24 PM
I remember when that Mercury police car came out. It was the first Matchbox to have a light bar instead of just the gumball light. I was so excited. Some of the lesser brands had used light bars but this was the first Matchbox.
Never thought about that Mercury being the first one for MBX, that's a neat little bit of info, Thanks.

94cadillacfleetwood
Member Avatar
This Space For Rent
I loved these as a kid. I remember having the orange Capri and boat trailer, the red Mercedes truck and trailer, and I believe the Javelin with a horse trailer. I also remember the ToeJoe with the Mini as well.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
Back in the day I was buying those sets for around $2 at the toy dept. in JC Penny stores - and now they don't even have a toy department. :rolleyes:

webestang64
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Great stuff!

b2young
Member Avatar
Sad firefighter
Those are great relics of the 'good ol' days'. Lest we forget, Matchbox has a recent series of 2-packs, albeit without the trailers that came in some of those old packs, that include a Skybuster and a ground vehicle. I don't know if those are going to continue into or through 2017, but I loved the concept, and of course, the fact that two of the first to appear were Law Enforcement and wildland fire related!

Like, for instance, this one:
Posted Image

Posted Image

webestang64
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
b2young
Jan 11 2017, 10:34 AM
Those are great relics of the 'good ol' days'. Lest we forget, Matchbox has a recent series of 2-packs, albeit without the trailers that came in some of those old packs, that include a Skybuster and a ground vehicle. I don't know if those are going to continue into or through 2017, but I loved the concept, and of course, the fact that two of the first to appear were Law Enforcement and wildland fire related!

Posted Image

Posted Image

WOW!!!!!!! Sweet!!! :bowing:

Douglas
Member Avatar
Minivan
94cadillacfleetwood
Jan 10 2017, 05:44 PM
I loved these as a kid. I remember having the orange Capri and boat trailer, the red Mercedes truck and trailer, and I believe the Javelin with a horse trailer. I also remember the ToeJoe with the Mini as well.
Don't remember these when I was young, but do remember having a Corgi Batmobile, with Batboat, that I think must have come as a two pack.

pjedsel

Back in the day I was buying those sets for around $2 at the toy dept. in JC Penny stores - and now they don't even have a toy department. :rolleyes:

Guess there wasn't much of a premium on them over the price of singles, since they didn't include a couple plastic figures like recent Hitch N Hauls.

webestang64

Great stuff!

Thanks Scotty

b2young

Haven't seen those sets around, but do hope to find this one for the police car.
Edited by Douglas, Jan 12 2017, 05:57 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 3: Matchbox · Next Topic »
Add Reply

November's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Carsdownunder for winning November's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

December's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Matchthebox for winning December's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here