Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: August 22, 2017)

Welcome To Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Grell's 1967 Trabant 601 DeLuxe Universal

To learn more about the Grell '67 Trabant 601 DeLuxe Universal: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
*** BEWARE***
Topic Started: Apr 20 2017, 06:54 AM (2,300 Views)
Stangfreak
Member Avatar
SUV
In the past I had bragged and made posts recommending this seller (mc2 toys) from ebay. I have ordered from Mark for over a year now and even advertised for him on my website. I recently ordered these two items from him:
Posted ImagePosted Image

His quick shipping was delayed for 3 days for some reason, which was no big deal, but the item I received was this 1/18th scale Yamaha bike:
Posted Image

I sent him $15.98 for the two GL cars plus $6.00 shipping. He will not answer any messages for some reason. I have purchased about 35-40 cars from him and sent this seller well over $325.00 over the last year...
So anyone who may be buying from this seller, please "BEWARE" now... Any suggestions?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camaro marty
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Report him to Ebay police.Go through process of get refund.Goodluck

FoolTrottel
Member Avatar
Fullsize
Well, he could have made a simple mistake... swapped box/address... and/or he could be in some situation where he's not able to respond?
Could be personal/health, could be computer issues...

I'd wait a bit ...
(But that might just be me, I'm still waiting for a DVD I ordered in September 2016 ... according to the seller, he's sent out three of 'm already ... lol)
Edited by FoolTrottel, Apr 20 2017, 10:04 AM.

Emptywallet
Member Avatar
Minivan
If he doesnt respond after 72 hours then just open a case for Item not as advertised.Pretty simple process from there on out.If he doesnt reply or work it out with you within 7 days you will get your money back and get to keep the motorcycle.

MrFutura
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
I've bought from him several times as well with no issues. He may be trying to track down the other buyer involved int shipping mix-up.

coldpopcarl
Member Avatar
I live a VW way of life eat breathe sleep dream & was HOME 16 years
I too hav3 had GOOD PURCHASES over the YEARS and many many

Stangfreak
Member Avatar
SUV
I had allot of faith and respect for Mark. Like I said, every transaction was great, but reviewing these negative feedbacks within the past month makes me wonder now.

1) Shipped completely wrong item then never acknowledged issue.Buyer: 3***3 ( 268Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past monthFeedback conversation
NEW 1:50 *BOBCAT EQUIPMENT* Model E35 Compact Excavator DIECAST MODEL *NIP* (#401197877925) US $13.99

2) Paid but he never shippedBuyer: m***n ( 91Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99) During past monthFeedback conversation
1:64 ERTL Red Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup Truck 5th Wheel Flatbed Trailer & Bales (#361859248300)US $14.99

3) Paid $256 for 19 items; order was shipped 3 weeks late; never arrived; no refundBuyer: e***t ( 1 ) During past monthFeedback conversation
NEW! 1:64 GreenLight *BLACK BANDIT R12* 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 w/Topper *NIP* (#361389750030)US $5.29

4) Another damaged packetBuyer: n***n ( 7716Green star icon for feedback score in between 5,000 to 9,999) During past monthFeedback conversation
2017 Johnny Lightning *MUSCLE CARS USA R1A* Gray 1970 Chevy Camaro Z28 *NIP!* (#361901594679)US $5.99

5) Missing model and other models have been incorrect.Buyer: n***n ( 7716Green star icon for feedback score in between 5,000 to 9,999) During past monthFeedback conversation
Johnny Lightning *FOREVER 64 R23* Copper 1979 International Scout II 4x4 NIP! (#360847103192)US $7.99

This is what I can't even come close to understanding... Mark has always been a great guy and gave me some super, super deals!!!
Edited by Stangfreak, Apr 20 2017, 01:46 PM.

Jordan R
Member Avatar
Midsize
Give him a chance to respond. Ebay is on your side, so waiting another week or so for him to make it right seems reasonable.

DadsCoronet
Member Avatar
DadsCoronet
Sorry to hear you're having a problem with Mark. I've purchased from him several times over the years, never having a problem. Most recently, I bought 5 items on March 3rd and received the correct order on March 8th.
Like others have suggested, give him a little time. Good luck and please keep us posted. ;)
Edited by DadsCoronet, Apr 24 2017, 08:40 AM.

coldpopcarl
Member Avatar
Also note HOW MANY sales the seller has each month each day and top how many messages most likely received

JeepXJLover
Member Avatar
Minivan
What ever became of this? I like ordering from Mark since he's local. Usually only takes a day or two to get items from him. I haven't had a problem with items from him.

Jordan R
Member Avatar
Midsize
No update?

daniel60
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
Jordan R
May 16 2017, 02:11 PM
No update?
Remember Steve is being treated for cancer and may take a little time to respond.

coldpopcarl
Member Avatar
I have PURCHASED two Times since this POST originated and HAD NO PROBLEMS --- I do NOT document now WHAT DAY paid , what day Received , and Method shipped - But OVERALL I got them in VERY Timely manner and ORDER COMPLETE --

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 4: GreenLight · Next Topic »
Add Reply

March's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations carsdownunder for winning March's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

April's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations daniel60 for winning April's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here