Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: May 20, 2017)

Welcome To Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Oxford '78 Princess 2200 HLS & Schuco '68 Opel Commodore GS

Click Here: Princess 2200 & Opel Commodore
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Green VW Show
Topic Started: May 17 2017, 03:23 PM (158 Views)
SSChevyman
Member Avatar
SUV
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Nice trio! Matchbox has done it right with all three of these! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'm still trying to track down the Service and Parts van... :unsure:

Edited by toyotageek, May 17 2017, 03:30 PM.

DinoMom
Member Avatar
Midsize
Definitely an improvement on the debut.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
:thumbup: Great looking VW trio! It might be neat to see Matchbox use the VW parts tampo on the pickup version!

coldpopcarl
Member Avatar
I live a VW way of life eat breathe sleep dream & was HOME 16 years
here is some GREEN just some or at least the ones LOADED onto photosmucket

Posted Image

DINKY MB

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The CHASE/hunt piece for
2003-031 Volkswagen Beetle Mexican Taxi
((( glad I posted this one as I SEE It Has PAINT CHIPS ) and I need to RIP a New one - and Just happened to come across 2 This morning while Re-Protecto Packing MB VW PORSCHE MERCEDES AUDI's past few days
Posted Image

2010-016 VW PORSCHE 914 Green 3 of 4 variations of this CARD Number The one missing from PHOTO is the WINDOW Trim that is Wrong

sorry forget its either DARK Trim on Lighter Green Or its Lighter Green TRIM on a DARKER green
which ever it is I have IT too But not till year or so after this Picture was taken about 5-7 years ago
it is With the TWO on LEFT LIGHT & MEDIUM Greens with the WINDOW TRIM Variation NOT SEEN

Posted Image

anybody Have any of the LEARNING BLOX ( cars ) there is a Slight COLOUR swing on this Not Super Drastic But is Noticeable from this Later Produced and the CARDED version earlier this Year 2017

Posted Image

I didn't POST with tampos that many people on this SITE complain about
But These couple I had To Include
Just guess most have NEVER seen a REAL VW with out this world paint ( home style or professionally applied onto VWs ) in real life because there is MILLIONS of Real ones out there

( one of ) the HUNT pieces from Across America Series/Line

Posted Image

2004-Coca-Cola Football town USA Total Tailgate #8 '67 VW Transporter Delivery

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is just a Lil Inside Humor - even to this DAY Many Times a SAY GREEN when I mean Orange and vise versa
Being when I was a Lil Lad I LEARNED a ORANGE is Colour Orange Well Then still at age 2 We HAD GREEN ORANGES in our Yard and then I started Refering to the True COLOUR Orange as by saying GREEN -- I still DO this today Not 100% but get caught saying OPPOSITE ( Orange when meaning GREEN ) (GREEN when meaning Orange )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

b2young
Member Avatar
Sad firefighter
It appears people are finding the 'latest' Matchbox batch (in stores? online?). Hoping to find some evidence of it soon in my neighborhood. Today is "line up outside TRU before the doors open at 10" in order to see that nothing has changed, or maybe some new M2 or GL or JL/AW have been pegged, but likely the Matchbox pegs are still too full of batch E or F to merit a random shipment of a new batch....ah, well, I usually find what I want in stores nearby eventually.

On that TRU comment, I now know who my 'major competition' is in this town.....there's a couple (man/wife) who practically RUN from the door to the diecast aisle as soon as the door is opened....and they apparently have a habit of coming Thursday afternoon to see what's left over from the previous week so they can 'know' what has changed by Friday morning. That's a bit more hard-core than me...but for models that have only one of a particular release in a case, the competition is HEAVY.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

coldpopcarl
Member Avatar
I live a VW way of life eat breathe sleep dream & was HOME 16 years
b2young
May 19 2017, 08:50 AM
It appears people are finding the 'latest' Matchbox batch (in stores? online?). Hoping to find some evidence of it soon in my neighborhood. Today is "line up outside TRU before the doors open at 10" in order to see that nothing has changed, or maybe some new M2 or GL or JL/AW have been pegged, but likely the Matchbox pegs are still too full of batch E or F to merit a random shipment of a new batch....ah, well, I usually find what I want in stores nearby eventually.

On that TRU comment, I now know who my 'major competition' is in this town.....there's a couple (man/wife) who practically RUN from the door to the diecast aisle as soon as the door is opened....and they apparently have a habit of coming Thursday afternoon to see what's left over from the previous week so they can 'know' what has changed by Friday morning. That's a bit more hard-core than me...but for models that have only one of a particular release in a case, the competition is HEAVY.
I hope there is NEW stuffs or at least NEW On The Peggs .
and you come home with some goodies .

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 3: Matchbox · Next Topic »
Add Reply

January's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Remco_Natrop for winning January's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

February's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations toyotageek for winning February's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here