Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: August 22, 2017)

Welcome To Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Grell's 1967 Trabant 601 DeLuxe Universal

To learn more about the Grell '67 Trabant 601 DeLuxe Universal: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Siku back on track?
Topic Started: May 17 2017, 05:00 PM (457 Views)
Tyrolese
Member Avatar
Midsize
In past years my Siku purchases were very limited.
Non interesting models, really bad proportioned models, lack of variations (same models in same colors for several years), price increase, very little interesting new releases, very poor wheel choices.
It seemed to me, that their main focus has shifted towards farm and farm equipment stuff and they lost focus on their main line vehicles.

I do also have to say that 2 things never changed. Quality and availability. Both still remain top notch!

What a delight it was to find the BMW 5 series wagon not long ago. Well proportioned and well done. I had to have it.

Posted Image

I was even more delighted to find a police version shortly after:

Posted Image

And the delightfulness didnīt stop when i found an emergency doctorīs vehicle:

Posted Image

And ultimately, it went through the roof when finding a 5 series in the livery of the Austrian road side assistance club ÖAMTC.

Posted Image

Now, if Siku would do a fire chiefīs car, a Taxi and other police variants, iīd buy them all. Rubber tires, front and rear lights, attention to detail, Siku quality all the way. € 5,80 a piece isnīt cheap at all, but well worth it imho. If thereīs something to complain about, itīs that the wheels and tires seem slightly too big for the model. To me at least.

Hope to see more like this in the future.

Posted Image

Edited by Tyrolese, May 17 2017, 05:06 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Guntownal
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Nice BMWs by Siku and thats a good collection of them you have. Thanks for showing those.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
Good to see a new model from Siku - they did seem to drop off the radar for a bit with new models and such. The BMW wagon looks sharp - will definitely have to track down the police and Notartz versions for my emergency vehicle collection. :D

webestang64
Member Avatar
Minivan
Very nice wagon. Will have to look for that one. Thanks for showing.

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Great news! Nice to see the wagon and all it's variations!

It seems my want list just grew a little bit more once again. :duh:

Milton Fox Racing
Member Avatar
SUV
Nice looking BMWs! :thumbup:

EDeKa
Member Avatar
Fullsize
Great collection :thumbup: and I think also, that Siku make a better job last time.
But the first car from this BMW line is this one from the switzerland Police *KANTON SOLOTHURN*
I think itīs better than the geman version, because the the german police car has only a poor police print.

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
This model looks really nice, shame they sell only the 08 series cheapest Siku here. There have been plenty of the "better" Sikus in foreign countries but I haven't had lukc finding this one even though it has been my Siku want #1.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
EDeKa
May 19 2017, 06:58 AM
Great collection :thumbup: and I think also, that Siku make a better job last time.
But the first car from this BMW line is this one from the switzerland Police *KANTON SOLOTHURN*
I think itīs better than the geman version, because the the german police car has only a poor police print.

Posted Image
Nice looking Swiss police car using the BMW wagon - this is the one that is only sold as a promo by that police agency?

Tyrolese
Member Avatar
Midsize
Indeed a promo model, and not a cheap one. They are going for € 14,00 - 16,00 a piece at the moment and thatīs why i havenīt bought one yet....

coldpopcarl
Member Avatar
I live a VW way of life eat breathe sleep dream & was HOME 16 years
Bad gaps in the door though and top of door dont open too ,when door is open
Still k@@l I Been expanding me BMW collection I'll probably pick one up thankx for the pictures to all whom posted

mininches
Member Avatar
Microcar
Really nice all versions of this BMW.

A new 2017 from Siku, the BMW i8 :

Swifty
Member Avatar
Land of Lincoln, Mercury, & Ford
:drool: Looking good! I haven't added any new Sikus to my collection in a few years, looks like it's time to change that!

Pegers
Member Avatar
SUV
i see the new siku at the flea.but i pass on them..they just dont look that good to me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 10: All Other Brands Of Diecast/General Diecast Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

March's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations carsdownunder for winning March's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

April's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations daniel60 for winning April's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here