Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: November 20, 2017)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Hot Wheels 1995 Mazda RX-7

To learn more about the Hot Wheels '95 Mazda RX-7: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jeep Wagoneers
Topic Started: Jul 30 2017, 12:28 AM (645 Views)
250 TR
Member Avatar

Johnny Lightning just released not two, but four new versions of the Jeep Wagoneer. A regular hobby exclusive pair and a MiJo exclusive pair. And there are two more on the way in the next Gone Fishin' series. Here are all the Jeep Wagoneers that JL has done so far, except for one. They also did a York Toy Fair version that was yellow with a taxi logo. I don't care for that version, so I skipped it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One of the MiJo exclusives is very similar to the earlier Classic Gold release. They are almost the same color, but there is a slight shade difference. Also the older one has more detail in the wood paneling.

Posted Image

The newer one also has a blacked out lower front spoiler instead of bare metal

Posted Image

Some very minor differences in tampos

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dean-o-mite
Member Avatar
Pony Car
25 critic says: The red was/is my favorite, but really, one was enough. The blue really doesn't do much for me, personally. I wish it was a lighter metallic blue, or a darker metallic blue, but the color they chose just doesn't ring my bell. That being said, I had wished and wished for a wood-grain version back when the casting was new, and a woodie Wagoneer had been one of my most wanted vehicles in 1/64 since the early 90's, so finally getting a slew of them is slowly making up for the years and years we had to go without.

250 TR
Member Avatar

I completely agree about the red ones. One is enough. I figured there would be a bigger difference than there was. Had I seen them side by side first, I would have skipped the newer red one. But I know that one was incredibly hard to find and everyone wanted it, so at least this will hopefully give more people a chance to add a red one.

The blue I both agree and disagree with you. I actually really like this shade of blue. It's quite appealing in hand and has a nice slate look to it that's different than most of the blues you see. But the version I've most been hoping for since the casting came out is a dark blue. That's the color I think of when I think Wagoneer and I really hope they do a dark blue with the wood paneling at some point.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
Unlike Dean I do like the blue one... :huh:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MrFutura
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
The silver stands out for me with the tan interior.

Pegers
Member Avatar
Convertible
looks like a nice rainbow of colors.
Edited by Pegers, Aug 3 2017, 08:02 PM.

JeepXJLover
Member Avatar
Minivan
The blue and silver are must haves. Does the blue one have metalflake in the paint?

250 TR
Member Avatar

JeepXJLover
Jul 30 2017, 09:44 PM
Does the blue one have metalflake in the paint?
No, it's non metallic. Sort of a slate blue, egg shell maybe. I do wish they would do a dark metallic blue, but this color is really nice in person.

Jordan R
Member Avatar
Midsize
I got the blue version, and I rather like it. Definitely one of my favorite JL castings.

Matchthebox
Member Avatar
Midsize
Nice wagoners.

Dean-o-mite
Member Avatar
Pony Car
250 TR
Aug 1 2017, 02:13 AM
JeepXJLover
Jul 30 2017, 09:44 PM
Does the blue one have metalflake in the paint?
No, it's non metallic. Sort of a slate blue, egg shell maybe. I do wish they would do a dark metallic blue, but this color is really nice in person.
I think if it were metallic, I'd be loving it.
I'm warming up to it a bit, but still think it would look exponentially more attractive if it were metallic blue.

Hosspower98
Member Avatar
Forever Blue Oval
I am not into wagons of any brand but those are loaded with detail and am appreciating all the variations.. :thumbup:

diomakr
Station Wagon
great pix- looking forward to adding a few more of these to my collection...

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
I received mine a few days ago (the blue and the gray), but haven't had a chance to take them out for a spin yet.

I was kind of surprised (disappointed?) in the wheel/tire choice. When I think of Jeep, I think off-road, but these look like low profile street tires to me. What are your opinions on them?

250 TR
Member Avatar

I'm fine with them. I agree when I think of Jeep I think off road and I also like the look of off road tires better. But these are actually the way they came. The Grand Wagoneer was really the Escalade of it's day and the vast majority probably never saw dirt.

Posted Image

Dean-o-mite
Member Avatar
Pony Car
The hiccup in the appearance has to do with how it looks to be lifted from stock, but with the original size street tires. I'm fine with it. But this comes from the guy who is happy to collect Summer cars.

microbuss
Member Avatar
SUV
there is a ancient Wagoneer running around town & pretty sure I have taken a pic of it
Pic is prolly in Cars Spotted section

carhauler
Member Avatar
Fullsize
Just got the black Jeep and it looks good. About 15 years ago, I transported some of these to a guy in Phoenixville, PA who restored and resold them. I used to pick them up wherever he bought them in the NE US. Brown seems to be the color I remember the most.

jurcpa
Fullsize
F A N T A S T I C !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 1: Johnny Lightning · Next Topic »
Add Reply

May's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Mikey 1/64 for winning May's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

June's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations SnowOwl for winning June's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here