Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: November 20, 2017)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Hot Wheels 1995 Mazda RX-7

To learn more about the Hot Wheels '95 Mazda RX-7: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Magen David Adom promo ambulance
Topic Started: Aug 11 2017, 01:23 PM (291 Views)
W Gee
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Thought this was a neat piece when I found it...Magen David Adom raises money here in the Toronto area to send ambulances and medical equipment to Israel . Appears to be from around 2005 ?
Found it loose in the thrift store , took it to the cash w/ my other baggie hoping they would just toss it in and they did :D

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ninuxx
Member Avatar
Fullsize
That is a very rare one - congrats!

There was also a red Gazelle heli with Magen David Adom markings...!

W Gee
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
never seen this casting before ... just realized the rear doors open. first thought was ooohh I like that , didnt recognize it as a Majorette

EDeKa
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Great ambulance-car, great Pictures, great find :thumbup:

ninuxx
Member Avatar
Fullsize
from the mid 2000 up to 2015 that casting was very popular in the Majorette range and has been used for many variations of ambulances, fire dept. vans, police vans etc.

Douglas
Member Avatar
SUV
Wow! Great find at a thrift store, and for the best kind of deal! :thumbup:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brian49
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
You hit a Homerun with that find!

W Gee
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
A net search on the toy just spun me off to their Australian web site and they appear to have these available still for $10 @magendavidadom.org.au ... they may still be available elseware
Edited by W Gee, Aug 11 2017, 05:47 PM.

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:thumbup:

Medic Dan
Member Avatar
Compact
Nice find!

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
:drool: :drool: :drool: Oh my...that is wonderful. And in such excellent condition. What a neat ambulance to add to your collection. I know a few years ago Magen David Adom had another promo unit available here in the US - thinking it was Brian49 that was able to get some of them for members here. One made a donation to Magen David Adom and could get one of the ambulances - these were available in yellow and white.

2003 Chevrolet Express Type 2 Ambulance - made by Awesome Diecast?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

W Gee
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
magendavidadom.org.au even shows the Majorette helicopter still available on their site for $10
Edited by W Gee, Aug 11 2017, 06:57 PM.

W Gee
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
yea...John..poking around looking at the Majorette I saw the Chevrolet Express on line ....real nice , not a body style that I have seen get much love in the diecast world...YET... hopefully

Brian49
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
pjedsel
Aug 11 2017, 06:43 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: Oh my...that is wonderful. And in such excellent condition. What a neat ambulance to add to your collection. I know a few years ago Magen David Adom had another promo unit available here in the US - thinking it was Brian49 that was able to get some of them for members here. One made a donation to Magen David Adom and could get one of the ambulances - these were available in yellow and white.

2003 Chevrolet Express Type 2 Ambulance - made by Awesome Diecast?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
PJ,

I have the same model, but was not the one who ordered a bunch and resold them here. It may have been Jeff Webster?

ems90
Member Avatar
Fullsize
Thanks for the tip on the site Warren, I sen them an e-mail as they didn't offer any shipping options for Canada. Ido have a contact in Australia that may be able to help out if anyone is interested in the Helicopter or Ambulance let me know.

Glen

Brian49
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
ems90
Aug 12 2017, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the tip on the site Warren, I sen them an e-mail as they didn't offer any shipping options for Canada. Ido have a contact in Australia that may be able to help out if anyone is interested in the Helicopter or Ambulance let me know.

Glen
Glen,

If you get a line on the ambulance I would be interested.

microbuss
Member Avatar
SUV
well no wonder I sees US made ambulances over there on the news & stuff!
This must be why B)
Edited by microbuss, Aug 12 2017, 09:12 PM.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
ems90

Glen
I would be interested in both depending on cost and such.

Medic Dan
Member Avatar
Compact
pjedsel
Aug 12 2017, 10:41 PM
ems90

Glen
I would be interested in both depending on cost and such.
Same here Glen.

Thanks!

poorvanner
Member Avatar

*In Memory Of*
So would I, on both.

ems90
Member Avatar
Fullsize
So I already have the ambulance as well, but the Helicopter is new to me. I have made contact with MDA Australia and I'm working on getting 5 of each for the group. They are $10.00 each AUS with a shipping cost of $20 AUS, I'm hoping to get the parcel as a combined shipping total. I'll keep you all up to date as we progress through the deal.

Glen

Medic Dan
Member Avatar
Compact
Glen, Are the helicopters MB sized or larger? If they are lager, I'll pass since they won't fit in my display.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 11: Apparatus Bay · Next Topic »
Add Reply

May's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Mikey 1/64 for winning May's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

June's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations SnowOwl for winning June's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here