Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: October 15, 2017)

Welcome To Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Hot Wheels 1966 Fiat 500

To learn more about the Hot Wheels '66 Fiat 500: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Honoring those who have left us... can we do this?
Topic Started: Aug 30 2017, 11:27 AM (494 Views)
toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Didn't know how or where to bring this up, but here goes...

With the all too recent passing of Poorvanner, I'd like to propose a place in the Garage for those members that have passed.

We did this on another forum I am active on and called it "Honoring those who have left us"

We simply list the members names and their user IDs, as much or as little info can be included.
We could do the same here, or something more elaborate. I know there is already a pinned topic for Edwin Bates (be77bt) in the PA System.

Maybe a mod or admin could also include those members that have already passed in previous years.

Thoughts, feelings or other suggestions?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was actually thinking along the same line...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
juantoo3
Aug 30 2017, 02:56 PM
I was actually thinking along the same line...
:thumbup:

Swifty
Member Avatar
Land of Lincoln, Mercury, & Ford
I have no objections. If you look up the profiles of the members we've lost over the years you'll find we have a special group for them (In Memory Of). To date we've lost (that we know of):

Big John's Chevy (John)
bob8748 (Bob)
be77bt (Ed)
onetonjoe (Joe)
poorvanner (Brian)

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Thanks. I think it would be a nice gesture in their remembrance. Perhaps juantoo3 could get something started. I'm willing to contribute in any way I can. PM me if anyone wants to discuss it further for ideas and whatnot.

Swifty
Member Avatar
Land of Lincoln, Mercury, & Ford
See the PA System:

http://swiftysgarage.net/topic/9075231/

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Good move. :thumbup:

Only other thing I'd recommend is to pin the subject. ^_^

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
:thumbup: I think it is a neat idea and great to see it already done. :D I would agree with Michael that it would be nice if it could be pinned. I have another question - would it be appropriate to post Brian's address for those who would like to send a sympathy card to his family. I have it and plan to do so but didn't know if that was something like his address should be shared publicly or not.

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pjedsel
Sep 1 2017, 11:53 PM
:thumbup: I think it is a neat idea and great to see it already done. :D I would agree with Michael that it would be nice if it could be pinned. I have another question - would it be appropriate to post Brian's address for those who would like to send a sympathy card to his family. I have it and plan to do so but didn't know if that was something like his address should be shared publicly or not.
I'm not speaking for Swifty, only as a matter of concern with all the privacy pirates out there.

Might I suggest offering his address by PM to those who would like to have it, rather than just out there for any and everyone.

Put me on the list of those who would like to have it, please.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
I had thought of that concern sometime in the wee hours of the morning. I would be happy to pm the address to any members who would like to send a card to Brian's family. Is there another thread I should post this offer in if that if that is ok with the moderators and Swifty.

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
If I may be so bold as to say this, but I would suggest caution and discretion in providing the address. It is none of my business what anyone does, and I have no personal interest in anything of Brian's, but there may be people that wish more than just sending a condolence card, such as trying to acquire a collection... right or wrong I don't know, but I'm just tossing out there what I'm thinking.

However, if anyone puts together a "group card" from the members of Swifty's, please add my name to it. I'd even be interested to contributing to flowers, or making a donationto whatever cause, if anyone knows of anything like that happening.

Pegers
Member Avatar
SUV
good to see our members stepping up in a time of need...
please add me to whatever is decided to do for Brian..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Service Counter · Next Topic »
Add Reply

May's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Mikey 1/64 for winning May's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

June's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations SnowOwl for winning June's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here