Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: October 15, 2017)

Welcome To Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Hot Wheels 1966 Fiat 500

To learn more about the Hot Wheels '66 Fiat 500: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
VOTE Matchbox Into The Toy Hall Of Fame
Topic Started: Sep 15 2017, 08:02 PM (2,988 Views)
Swifty
Member Avatar
Land of Lincoln, Mercury, & Ford
http://www.toyhalloffame.org/2017-finalists

If the above link doesn't work, the direct link is:

https://polldaddy.com/poll/9820470/

You can vote once per day per computer. Let's get Matchbox into the HOF where it deserves to be. Right now PEZ is destroying the competition. That's not even a toy!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cody6268
Member Avatar
Minivan
Voted.

Currently the Wiffle Ball (really to me, more of a sporting goods item than a toy, I see the things more in golf sections as practice balls than I do toy sections) and My Little Pony (sure, we ran it as COTD as a joke on April 1st, but that's beyond the point) are in the lead. And why are board games on the list--again, not even toys. Same goes for sand, not exactly a toy. The paper airplane is more a toy than it is.
Edited by cody6268, Sep 15 2017, 08:37 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

atombaum
Member Avatar
The Quest Continues
Thanks for the heads up. I voted! Can't believe MBX is not in there already. I believe I heard that the Strong Museum of Play recently got a windfall of extra land due to an adjacent inner-city road (a.k.a. the inner loop) being closed. It would be great to see a major display of MBX when they expand. The only MBX museum I've seen is in Chester, England, which was pretty neat.

b2young
Member Avatar
Sad firefighter
We've got a long way to go.....I too wonder at some of the choices....but I voted for Matchbox, my favorite toy of all time. (Though, I consider most of the ones I collect to be models rather than toys, and I don't play with mine much.....)

Douglas
Member Avatar
SUV
SAND! are you kidding me, why not grass, I mean kids have always loved to play on the grass. :blink:

Anyway, I voted for Matchbox of course, the best toys in the world, and I hope all the diecast collectors on the planet will help get them in the HoF, a place they definitely deserve to be after nearly 65 years of making kids and adults smile.

b2young
Member Avatar
Sad firefighter
Douglas
Sep 16 2017, 05:30 PM
SAND! are you kidding me, why not grass, I mean kids have always loved to play on the grass. :blink:

Anyway, I voted for Matchbox of course, the best toys in the world, and I hope all the diecast collectors on the planet will help get them in the HoF, a place they definitely deserve to be after nearly 65 years of making kids and adults smile.
Yeah, or just dirt! Heck, with both grass and dirt, not only can you PLAY in it, but you can bring it home with you on your clothes and hands and knees......and your clothes may even be resistant to coming clean the first load (with grass stains, anyway....) ;)

microbuss
Member Avatar
SUV
well its a toss up
between Transformers & Matchbox
but I voted Matchbox

Mark F.
Member Avatar
Minivan
b2young
Sep 16 2017, 05:46 PM
Douglas
Sep 16 2017, 05:30 PM

Yeah, or just dirt! Heck, with both grass and dirt, not only can you PLAY in it, but you can bring it home with you on your clothes and hands and knees......and your clothes may even be resistant to coming clean the first load (with grass stains, anyway....) ;)
Well, the blanket was inducted in '11...

Swifty
Member Avatar
Land of Lincoln, Mercury, & Ford
Day #2 vote, and Matchbox is still only at 7%. Come on, even My Little Pony has 14% of the vote (though the elephant in the room is Pez dispensers). We need to spread the word far & wide. Hot Wheels was inducted in 2011, and Matchbox deserved to be inducted first. Matchbox was the original, Hot Wheels was merely a game changer.

Clue
4%
215 votes

Magic 8 Ball
2%
116 votes

Matchbox Cars
7%
435 votes

My Little Pony
14%
815 votes

Paper Airplane
1%
62 votes

PEZ Candy Dispenser
35%
2,063 votes

Play Food
1%
45 votes

Risk
2%
102 votes

Sand
1%
73 votes

Transformers
4%
229 votes

Uno
3%
162 votes

Wiffle Ball
26%
1,524 votes

Let's get the word out as many places as possible.

Medic Dan
Member Avatar
Compact
I've voted too. I can't believe My Little Pony is rating so high compared to All of the other choices.

Pegers
Member Avatar
SUV
you are right about PEZ.it is merely a cute food dispenser.

Tyrolese
Member Avatar
Fullsize
But UNO is a pretty cool toy too!! :D

carcollector
Member Avatar

Voted :thumbup:

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Voted MBX! And will keep voting until the end! :thumbup:

I've posted this to a couple of Facebook groups.

Edited by toyotageek, Sep 17 2017, 11:01 AM.

DinoMom
Member Avatar
Midsize
You are competing with a very zealous group. I watched a documentary about grown men who like My Little Pony

Douglas
Member Avatar
SUV
Now up to 8% :thumbup: , 494 votes, So the campaign is working.....Please keep voting.

They must have got the word out sooner to the PEZ collecting community, but we can beat 'em, I know it. :D

How many kids actually cared about their Pez dispensers when they ran out of candy for it. Tossed in a box and forgotten, not so much for continued play.

cody6268
Member Avatar
Minivan
Most of the Pez dispensers I had ended up getting forgotten about. There's one Christmas themed truck that gets put out with the decorations come Christmas time, but that's about it. Plus, they're made from really cheap plastic.

And men who like My Little Pony--what the heck?! Something ain't right with those guys...

Milton Fox Racing
Member Avatar
SUV
DinoMom
Sep 17 2017, 02:19 PM
You are competing with a very zealous group. I watched a documentary about grown men who like My Little Pony
No such thing as grown men - scientific fact. :thumbup:

Milton Fox Racing
Member Avatar
SUV
cody6268
Sep 17 2017, 03:50 PM
....and men who like My Little Pony--what the heck?! Something ain't right with those guys...
Dont worry! They will out grow it...

...oh wait...

nevermind! :toy:

Ice9
Member Avatar
Compact
DinoMom
Sep 17 2017, 02:19 PM
i watched the same doc as you did tho the name escapes me now.

if any of you are bored and looking to kill some time,do a google search for "bronies".

Check out some of the videos on youtube as well.

You've been warned. :o

mike

JustMatt
Member Avatar
Passenger
I just voted for Matchbox cars right now! :)

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
cody6268
Sep 17 2017, 03:50 PM

And men who like My Little Pony--what the heck?! Something ain't right with those guys...
And to think, they probably play with "army dolls", but they call them "action figures".

And they probably still play with toy cars, but they call themselves "collectors"!

That makes me sick to think of grown men still playing with toys.... get a life guys!! Grow up!! :angry:

Oh, wait... :blush: :rolleyes: :wave:

And in other news.....

Dont't forget to VOTE!!!

Vote everyday!

Vote from you home computer!
Vote from your work computer!
Vote from your tablet!
Vote from your phone!
Vote from your wife's phone!

We're at 541 votes and got a lot of catching up to do!

W Gee
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
I'm on it :toy:

Hammond72
Microcar
Sand Just blew my mind..........

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
677 votes. Gaining, but still in 4th place.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Bay 3: Matchbox · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

May's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Mikey 1/64 for winning May's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

June's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations SnowOwl for winning June's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here