Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: November 20, 2017)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Hot Wheels 1995 Mazda RX-7

To learn more about the Hot Wheels '95 Mazda RX-7: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A separate bay for Racing Champions/Racing Champions Mint.
Topic Started: Oct 21 2017, 12:25 PM (441 Views)
BossCar
Fullsize
Any chance of getting a separate bay for Racing Champions? Between their past models and the revival alonside JL, I feel like RC should get one as well. I know at least a few of you have a good amount of their police vehicles, among other past and recent releases.

I know you could post in the JL bay(which I did recently) or Bay 10, but, I really think RC needs more appreciation, and having a separate bay would make it easier to show fellow collectors the models imo.
Edited by BossCar, Oct 21 2017, 12:34 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a similar vein, Maisto probably deserves a board as well by virtue of sheer volume and longevity.

However, I'm OK with things as they are. I'll keep posting both RC and Maisto on board 10, unless things change.

Milton Fox Racing
Member Avatar
SUV
If we are collecting opinions, I think both a Maisto and Racing Champions bay would be worthwile additions. :thumbup:

Also didnt know Round 2 had American Muscle in their stable, too. Maybe we should open a Round 2 Garage and have different bays for all their different series. They also have recently added Classic Metal Works where a lot of their casting fit into the desired 3 inch scale.
Edited by Milton Fox Racing, Oct 23 2017, 01:01 PM.

BossCar
Fullsize
Milton Fox Racing
Oct 23 2017, 12:50 PM
If we are collecting opinions, I think both a Maisto and Racing Champions bay would be worthwile additions. :thumbup:

Also didnt know Round 2 had American Muscle in their stable, too. Maybe we should open a Round 2 Garage and have different bays for all their different series. They also have recently added Classic Metal Works where a lot of their casting fit into the desired 3 inch scale.
This could work.

Maisto would be a worthy addition as well.

Dean-o-mite
Member Avatar
Pony Car
This is a topic that has been contemplated by staff in the past, and the reasoning behind keeping Racing Champions and Maisto posts confined to Bay 10 is that those brands have not generated the massive interest and number of posts as other featured brands. Separate bays for too many different brands ends up cluttering up the main page and back when Swifty's Garage did have more bays for more brands, it was reported to be overwhelming to take in.

Fortunately, all brands are welcome in Bay 10, and Racing Champions as well as Maisto have Database bays that need lots of filling-in, for all who are collecting those brands!

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dean-o-mite
Oct 24 2017, 01:31 AM
Fortunately, all brands are welcome in Bay 10, and Racing Champions as well as Maisto have Database bays that need lots of filling-in, for all who are collecting those brands!
I expected it was something along this line, but I would only point out...while database posts are encouraged, discussion should be limited to model specific information...."I like that!" and "I want one!" posts get deleted, so casual conversation which is encouraged everywhere else is discouraged in the database.

But again, I can sleep just fine at night either way, whether new boards are added or not.

Milton Fox Racing
Member Avatar
SUV
Was Road Champs or Maisto one of the old garage bay brands cluttering up the front page?

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i think Muscle Machines was one of them. If memory serves, I think RC might have been another, just before the Tomy takeover. This was before I was asked to mod, so I don't know the details. But there were two or three other boards that were consolidated back then...

Milton Fox Racing
Member Avatar
SUV
Has consideration been made recently to set up Bay 10 like the database bay is set up - with individual sub forums for each brand. Seems like the same amount of space would be used as the mass of brand logos occupies now - without additional clutter being created.

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
My opinion is that a separate bay for any other brand would actually hurt that brand at the board. Why? Because when for example Maisto has very little threads at the moment, moving them to a separate bay would probably affect the number of people seeing them as they would have to check one bay more.

I think this effect has happened to Majorette. A separate bay, very few new threads, little readers, but if someone posts up a Majorette thread in bay 10 it seems to get more attention.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Milton Fox Racing
Member Avatar
SUV
Setting it up like the database section though you could click directly to the brand bay you want to see. Right now you still have to click into bay 10 to see if there is even a thread about anything else - other than the one thread title that is showing.

Another of the bigger advantages is that all the threads specific to that brand would be in one place and you can see the thread titles easily and not have to wade through page after page in the search function of thread titles or posts - that only have the word majorette in them once, because someone was selling or found a majorette piece two years ago....

:toy:
Edited by Milton Fox Racing, Oct 26 2017, 04:16 PM.

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Push come to shove, there's always the search function at the top of the page...

Pegers
Member Avatar
Convertible
it has been interesting to read the various opinions on this subject.since i will be going along with whatever happens in the end.
i will keep reading and enjoying this string of posts.

Milton Fox Racing
Member Avatar
SUV
juantoo3
Oct 26 2017, 08:13 PM
Push come to shove, there's always the search function at the top of the page...
I use the search function often and it is cumberson inside the garage.

The best way though it to go outside of swiftys and add swiftys to search line in google or a yahoo search window.

As mentioned already though, no matter how you set it up or limit the search in the garage - it will pull up a lot of extra stuff you didnt really search for and if there is a lot of information on a brand it is limited to show you only 20 pages of stuff. Some brands easily reach that limit really quickly.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Service Counter · Next Topic »
Add Reply

May's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Mikey 1/64 for winning May's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

June's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations SnowOwl for winning June's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here