Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: November 20, 2017)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Chat Night:
Join other members every Sunday night at 8pm EST to chat!

Chat Room Link: CHAT ROOM

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Hot Wheels 1995 Mazda RX-7

To learn more about the Hot Wheels '95 Mazda RX-7: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Found a Target; Generic Fire/EMS/Police
Topic Started: Nov 13 2017, 05:39 PM (266 Views)
Brian49
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
I found these sets on the "Toy Shop" end cap in a local Target today. These look like the generic MBX rip off that were once sold under the Wham-O brand at 5 Below. The sets are $6.00 each.
They had these two Fire sets, I passed on both as the trucks are just out there for me (was hoping a set would have the rip off of the International Brush Truck with AA Guns).
Posted Image
Posted Image
The only Police set in stock, better choices of models.
Posted Image
The EMS set, I picked this up because I liked the car.
Posted Image
They also had four different construction sets, so i assume there may be more variations of all the sets.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ems90
Member Avatar
Fullsize
Brian, can you grab me an EMS set ?

Glen

Brian49
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Glen,

Will do, in fact thought of grabbing you one today, but held off, should have known better. LOL

microbuss
Member Avatar
SUV
any construction sets?

Brian49
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
microbuss
Nov 13 2017, 10:01 PM
any construction sets?
Yes, the store I was in had four different construction sets. I did not photograph them, but will next time I visit the store.
Edited by Brian49, Nov 14 2017, 01:33 PM.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
Cool - will see what I find at my local Target later this week. When I was in Grand Forks last weekend there was nothing like these in the toy area on any of the endcaps so maybe new stock.

Brian49
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Was in a different Target the other day and found a few more:

A third Fire Set, I already had the van so passed on this one.
Posted Image

A couple more Cop sets.
Posted Image
Posted Image

A three of the construction sets for Microbus.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
Brian - what part of the store are you finding these in Target?

Brian49
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
PJ,

Usually near the Toy Dept (but one local store has it near the food section) they have an end cap with "junk toys" and some bright bannering that says "TOY SHOP" at the top. It seems to face a main aisle in all the local stores, so if you do the race track and the center cut through you should eventually come upon it.

Found this online, some use different colors.
Posted Image

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
Thanks Brian - I do the "race track" in most big box stores as part of my recovery therapy is walking and those stores provide a good place for that. :D

b2young
Member Avatar
Sad firefighter
I've checked our two Targets and haven't seen anything like these anywhere....but wasn't doing the "race track" thing, though I need to do more of that when visiting any stores.....for the exercise (been binge-watching HBO shows this weekend during the "free trial" on my satellite system...and sitting on my rear end too many hours in a row....)

b2young
Member Avatar
Sad firefighter
Brian49
Nov 13 2017, 05:39 PM
I found these sets on the "Toy Shop" end cap in a local Target today. These look like the generic MBX rip off that were once sold under the Wham-O brand at 5 Below. The sets are $6.00 each.
They had these two Fire sets, I passed on both as the trucks are just out there for me (was hoping a set would have the rip off of the International Brush Truck with AA Guns).
That International Brush Fire Truck with the AA battery on top was a holy grail for me, too. I finally found them on Aliexpress earlier this year....but it would have been nicer to find it in a local store....and cheaper, too.

I showcased them after I found them....and there were a bunch of Matchbox-copies in the various sets. I also note these are the same castings used in larger sets I found at Rite Aid a few years ago (which did not contain the desired Brush Fire Truck....).

Never saw any of them in the Wham-O packaging, but used to search ebay for those and saw some of them, but again, no Brush Fire Trucks.

That "tank turret" cannon on top of the Road Raider is a pretty strange conception of what a "deck gun" should look like....guess the makers had a bunch of left over army tank parts and figured the little tots wouldn't know the difference...but then again, Jada had some 'battle' vehicles that had police and fire dept liveries but also heavy machine guns mounted somewhere on board. The one I remember most was a licensed pickup truck with an intimidating two-barrel gun mounted in the bed pointed to the rear....I guess to "enforce" the "Keep Back 300 Feet" tradition.... :lol:
Edited by b2young, Nov 20 2017, 02:35 PM.

Brian49
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Posted Image
Another EMS set.

ems90
Member Avatar
Fullsize
OK this set too please :)

Glen

Brian49
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Glen, DONE!

b2young
Member Avatar
Sad firefighter
I've searched both local Targets from tip to toe and nothing like these to be found. But since I already have all the fire vehicles shown, not missing them too much. But that EMS set you added is one I would add if I saw it....(no need to special order from you Brian...but if I see it I'll bring it home mainly for that "New Type" ambulance....I love it when the Chinese makers throw English words on something just to make it seem more...American?)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 11: Apparatus Bay · Next Topic »
Add Reply

May's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Mikey 1/64 for winning May's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

June's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations SnowOwl for winning June's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here