Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: May 22, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Neo Scale Models 1977 Lincoln Continental Mark V

To learn more about the Neo '77 Lincoln Mark V: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Cold enough for ya?
Topic Started: Dec 29 2017, 12:58 PM (1,023 Views)
Hot Wheels
Fullsize
I now live in the coldest capital city in the world..... :angry:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jedimario
Member Avatar
RAWR
It's been colder than normal down south too.

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Somehow I get the feeling it's not something you want to be congratulated on. :(

microbuss
Member Avatar
SUV
was cold here too a couple days ago
I even heard the wood in my house go BANG as it contracted in the bitter cold! :o

65 was the temp on Dec 20th
Then it snowed on 21 23 & 25! sheesh
Supposed to again on Jan 1st ugh

webestang64
Member Avatar
Minivan
-3 this weekend.......so YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NUTHOUSE
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
And I thought it was cold walking out of the house this morning to go to work with it being 8, I'm thankful we're above 0 here! Stay warm everyone!

Hot Wheels
Fullsize
toyotageek
Dec 29 2017, 01:53 PM
Somehow I get the feeling it's not something you want to be congratulated on. :(
No! LOL!! :lol:

Posted Image
Edited by Hot Wheels, Dec 29 2017, 03:47 PM.

W Gee
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
tizz a tad chilly ... in fact its So Cold That ... we Canadians spent 5.6 million dollars to put a temporary ice rink on front lawn of the parliament buildings in Ottawa for our new years - 150 birthday celebrations

LOL ... party cancelled new years eve ? too cold for Canada ???
LOL ... this winter the ice rink builders could have accomplished the same result with a dollar store garden hose , go figure

:duh:
Happy New Year !!!!! :cold:

Hot Wheels
Fullsize
W Gee
Dec 29 2017, 03:58 PM
tizz a tad chilly ... in fact its So Cold That ... we Canadians spent 5.6 million dollars to put a temporary ice rink on front lawn of the parliament buildings in Ottawa for our new years - 150 birthday celebrations

LOL ... party cancelled new years eve ? too cold for Canada ???
LOL ... this winter the ice rink builders could have accomplished the same result with a dollar store garden hose , go figure

:duh:
Happy New Year !!!!! :cold:

Yeah it's so cold that all the Bell Canada Cup outdoor hockey games on the 5.6 million dollar rink have been cancelled...lol

When I was a kid ...like 8-12 years old in the early '70s all there was to do was play hockey on the school outdoor rink until after dark in sub zero temps...LOL!! Nothing like getting a frozen sponge puck in the face! :duh:

We would also skate on the world's longest skating rink. :thumbup:
Edited by Hot Wheels, Dec 29 2017, 04:11 PM.

Pegers
Member Avatar
Pony Car
once it gets to zero it's all the same--------very cold..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Douglas
Member Avatar
SUV
I feel bad for you all, I guess you could always take a vacation down here in the Orlando area, however it is still way too cold for me right now, my truck thermometer didn't show over 53* today, which is bitter cold to me even wearing 2 T-shirts, sweatshirt, a hoodie, and a jacket over that, but then again I hadn't been feeling too well the past few days either, I expect you northern folks would probably be enjoying it in T-shirts compared to up there, I don't think I could deal with living in that northern cold again.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
:cold: Yes...yes it is...the penguins have gone out to play and one of them even put on a stocking cap! (I had a picture I was going to post of the penguins with this but IMGUR is down for the time being.)

:cold: Right now it is only -9! :lol: They are predicting a high on Sunday of -25 to -30 and wind chills could be around -50. Thinking the other penguins just might also want to put on stocking caps. So far the cars are starting...but really just a good day to stay inside with a cup of Tim Horton's coffee :coffee: or my wife tells me when she comes over from the office to have a nice cup of hot chocolate ready for her. :cold: And yes, Douglas, we would call 53 very nice! B)

64impala
Member Avatar
Fullsize
ya it was -23 degrees C here the other day... rather cold lol
snowing outside as I type this
:cold: :cold:

96cutlass
Member Avatar
Midsize
I hate winter, cold temps and snow. Made it up to about 20F today, the warmest it has been in a week, and not supposed to go above freezing for another week+. Snow incoming tonight. I'm hibernating until I have to go back to work on Tuesday. Summer can't come fast enough. I miss wearing shorts, and sitting with the windows open.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
:cold: Ok...here we go - IMGUR is back and here are the penguins playing in -20 snow! :cold:

Posted Image

Emptywallet
Member Avatar
Minivan
We had a nice summer day today,I think it was in the low 80s and its now almost 6pm and Im still in shorts and a tshirt.I dont think I would do well where the rest of you guys live!!!!!

Mark F.
Member Avatar
Minivan
microbuss
Dec 29 2017, 02:00 PM
I even heard the wood in my house go BANG as it contracted in the bitter cold! :o

I think they call that a "differential displacement". It happens with concrete and steel buildings as well. Other booms you may hear could be frost quakes.

In my area, it got down to -24°C; -36°C with the wind chill factored in. That's about -33°F. Not exactly bikini weather, is it? So much for global warming. :lol:

Mark F.
Member Avatar
Minivan
Emptywallet
Dec 29 2017, 08:45 PM
We had a nice summer day today,I think it was in the low 80s and its now almost 6pm and Im still in shorts and a tshirt.I dont think I would do well where the rest of you guys live!!!!!
Thanks for rubbing that in! Posted Image :lol:

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This morning started at 50*F, seems like it slowly got colder all day. Told us this morning we'd see sun in the afternoon...it didn't happen, instead around dusk we had a chilly drizzle that I do believe could have turned to snow with little effort.

I know it's not "northern" cold, but it's pretty chilly here for Fla. Next week the nights will be in the 30s, flirting with freezing. Maybe we will get our two weeks of cold weather out of the way early this year and get on with the regular Florida season... ;)

Dean-o-mite
Member Avatar
Pony Car
79 degrees F today, and dipping into the 50's in the wee hours of the morning. Brrrrrrrrrrr!

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
Velma's Subie is plugged in for the night...still wondering why in the world I didn't get a block heater put in my hamster van when I bought it and again the last time I had it in for service. :rolleyes: Well at least they are out of the wind and in the garage which will help. Current temp is -14 and the wind chill is only -19. :D
Edited by pjedsel, Dec 29 2017, 11:19 PM.

Pegers
Member Avatar
Pony Car
winter time in Chicago..so i just grin and bare it................

Hot Wheels
Fullsize
pjedsel
Dec 29 2017, 08:39 PM
:cold: Ok...here we go - IMGUR is back and here are the penguins playing in -20 snow! :cold:

Posted Image
LMAO! :thumbup:

Hot Wheels
Fullsize
64impala
Dec 29 2017, 07:06 PM
ya it was -23 degrees C here the other day... rather cold lol
snowing outside as I type this
:cold: :cold:
Apparently the average temperature on Mars is -23C! :thumbup: :cold: :blink:

Hosspower98
Member Avatar
Forever Blue Oval
Having a heatwave here in Buffalo, 18˚F. Wearing Carhartt hoodie, shorts and mukluks, scanning Swifty's Garage. :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Free Parking: Off Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

September's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations FoolTrottel for winning September's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

4th quarter 2017's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations guy64 for winning 4th quarter 2017's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here