Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: January 15, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Grell 1971 Audi 100 Coupe S

To learn more about the Grell '71 Audi 100 Coupe S: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Car Of The Day: January 12, 2018; Hot Wheels '17 Ford GT
Topic Started: Jan 12 2018, 04:06 AM (141 Views)
Dean-o-mite
Member Avatar
Pony Car

Posted Image

Today's car of the day is Hot Wheels' 2017 Ford GT.

Posted Image

Wikipedia

The Ford GT is an American mid-engine two-seater sports car manufactured and marketed by Ford for model year 2005 and again in redesigned form for model year 2017. The GT recalls Ford's historically significant GT40, consecutive four-time winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans (1966-1969), including a 1-2-3 finish in 1966. At the 2015 North American International Auto Show and at the unveiling of Forza Motorsport 6, a new Ford GT was introduced and is set to be produced and released in 2016. It will mark 50 years since the GT40 won the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans and has run successfully in the 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans to mark the anniversary, winning the GTE class. Production began in December 2016, with Ford planning to build the GT at a rate of one car per day in their new, low-volume assembly facility at Multimatic in Markham, Ontario until October 2020. 2017 and 2018 model year vehicles are reserved for selected GT buyers, 2019 vehicles for buyers passed over in the initial selection process, and 2020 vehicles for new customers.

Posted Image

For more information and pictures of the real car please visit: Ford GT

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Hot Wheels '17 Ford GT has grown on me a lot in the time since it was new. For a one dollar car, it checks off most of my boxes of what I like in an entry level diecast car. The larger rear wheels are the biggest drawback in my opinion.

Posted Image

Wikipedia

The car is powered by a 3.5 liter twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 engine making 647 hp. According to Ford, "the GT will exhibit one of the best power-to-weight ratios of any production car," thanks to its lightweight carbon fiber construction. Underpinning the GT is a carbon fiber monocoque bolted to aluminum front and rear subframes covered in carbon fiber body panels. The car also has racing inspired pushrod suspension, active aerodynamics, and dihedral doors. The windshield of the vehicle is made of Gorilla Glass manufactured by Corning, which is also used for smartphone screens. Gorilla Glass is used to reduce the weight of the vehicle by allowing for a thinner windscreen with the same strength.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to like it, and for the most part I do. It's simply not a car I relate to. I have this, or something like it, but as with so many other *dollar* exotics, they just kinda all blend together at some point.

I think it is well enough done for what it is. I don't expect to ever see a real 1:1 on the street.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Pony Car
I am thinking a different color might help - the silver really doesn't do anything for me and like Dean noted - those larger rear wheels just detract from so many of the Hot Wheels issues.

Pegers
Member Avatar
Convertible
juantoo3
Jan 12 2018, 08:29 AM
I want to like it, and for the most part I do. It's simply not a car I relate to. I have this, or something like it, but as with so many other *dollar* exotics, they just kinda all blend together at some point.

I think it is well enough done for what it is. I don't expect to ever see a real 1:1 on the street.
my thoughts also.

94cadillacfleetwood
Member Avatar
Nothing good ever happens after midnight.
I was driving through a country town near me and their Ford dealer had one of these in the showroom!! If I'm out that way again soon I'll snap a pic.

ivantt
New casting? Quick! Take it apart!
I think Juan summed it up very well. I've got one of each color I've seen. Well sculpted $1 car.

Swifty
Member Avatar
The Mustang II is a Mustang too!
When Hot Wheels wants to, they can knock one out of the park. This is a solid double.

426maxwedgie
Member Avatar
Running in the 90's
They certainly did a better job than Majorette.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Car Of The Day · Next Topic »
Add Reply

July's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Huyken for winning July's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

August's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations DinoMom for winning August's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here