Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: June 12, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Revell 1977 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Click Here: Revell '77 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Car Of The Day: January 28, 2018; Kyosho '79 Lamborghini Countach LP400 S
Topic Started: Jan 28 2018, 12:27 PM (248 Views)
Dean-o-mite
Member Avatar
Muscle Car

Posted Image

Today's car of the day is Kyosho's 1979 Lamborghini Countach LP400 S.

Posted Image

Wikipedia

The Lamborghini Countach is a rear mid-engined, V12 sports car produced by Italian car manufacturer Lamborghini from 1974 to 1990. It is one of the then-exotic designs conceptualized by Italian Design house Bertone, which pioneered and popularized the sharply angled "Italian Wedge" design language. In 1978, a new LP400 S model was introduced. Though the engine was slightly downgraded from the LP400 model 350 hp, the most radical changes were in the exterior, where the tires were replaced with 345/35R15 Pirelli P7 tires; the widest tires available on a production car at the time, and fiberglass wheel arch extensions were added, giving the car the fundamental look it kept until the end of its production run. An optional V-shaped spoiler was available over the rear deck, which, while improving high-speed stability, reduced the top speed by at least 16 km/h (10 mph). Most owners ordered the wing. The LP400 S handling was improved by the wider tires, which made the car more stable in cornering. Aesthetically, some prefer the slick lines of the original, while others prefer the more aggressive lines of the later models, beginning with the LP400 S. The standard emblems ("Lamborghini" and "Countach") were kept at the rear, but an angular "S" emblem was added after the "Countach" on the right side.

Posted Image

For more information and pictures of the real car please visit: Lamborghini Countach

Posted Image

Posted Image

This particular Countach variation came from the Kyosho Beads series, in which the cars were offered in acrylic display cases, instead of in the blind-box lottery style packaging most often attributed with 1/64 scale Kyosho models. I appreciate Kyosho making this later Countach design, without the optional rear spoiler for a change of pace.

Posted Image

Wikipedia

The Countach was styled by Marcello Gandini of the Bertone design studio, the same designer and studio that designed the Miura. Gandini was then a young, inexperienced designer, not very experienced in the practical, ergonomic aspects of automobile design, but at the same time unhindered by them. Gandini again produced another striking design. The Countach shape was wide and low (74.28 inches in width and 42.05 inches in height), but not very long (162.7 in length). Its angular and wedge-shaped body was made almost entirely of flat, trapezoidal panels. The doors, most often credited as a Lamborghini trademark, were a remarkable design feature for the Countach. They first appeared on the Alfa Romeo 33 'Carabo' concept car in 1968, an earlier design accomplishment, also by the talented Gandini. The doors have come to be known as scissor doors: hinged at the front with horizontal hinges, so that they lifted up and tilted forwards. The main reason is the car's tubular spaceframe chassis results in very high and wide door sills. It was also partly for style, and partly because the width of the car made conventional doors impossible to use in even slightly confined space. Care needed to be taken, though, in opening the doors with a low roof overhead.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Swifty
Member Avatar
The AMX/3 - AMC designed, AMC powered, built by Bizzarrini.
This is fantastic! I need one!

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOW you have my attention!

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
:thumbup: Kyosho always does nice models and this is a great looking Lamborghini!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ivantt
Member Avatar
New casting? Quick! Take it apart!
By far this one does justice tp a good Countach casting.

Pegers
Member Avatar
Pony Car
Swifty
Jan 28 2018, 02:07 PM
This is fantastic! I need one!
:thumbup: :thumbup: add me to the list.

Stangfreak
Member Avatar
SUV
That is one sharp looking casting...
Everytime I see this body style, I remember as a little kid seeing a go cart with a body on it of this style...
If I remember right the price tag was $1,200.00. Like I say I was a young boy about 10 or 12 back in 1965 or so... I know this one pictured is a 79, but how old is this general body style???
Edited by Stangfreak, Feb 13 2018, 07:23 AM.

microbuss
Member Avatar
SUV
Stangfreak
Feb 13 2018, 07:21 AM
That is one sharp looking casting...
Everytime I see this body style, I remember as a little kid seeing a go cart with a body on it of this style...
If I remember right the price tag was $1,200.00. Like I say I was a young boy about 10 or 12 back in 1965 or so... I know this one pictured is a 79, but how old is this general body style???
1980s cause even Gobots & Transformers had a few
Plus there were tons of posters with the Countach on it
One poster I had was the car racing on a road with the sign "Patrolled by Aircraft" & a Leerjet with CHP logo on it chasing the Lambo :lol:

this is the car I wanna build but use nothing but Dodge Viper parts & yes Viper Red too!
I'll even put the Transformer Autobot logo on the nose ^_^

I've loved this car since it came out! :wub:

jurcpa
Fullsize
the kyosho series are fantastic and very very beauty ,but now I miss it ,now coming next month 2 lexus cars and more ??????
so much ineresting cars we miss ,renault alpine a610 , glas 1500 ,seat ,fiat,alfa romeos ,autobianchi and and and

Nahuel
Compact
awesome!

Bison Eye
Subcompact
Sublime.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Car Of The Day · Next Topic »
Add Reply

September's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations FoolTrottel for winning September's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

4th quarter 2017's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations guy64 for winning 4th quarter 2017's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here