Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: February 22, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Hot Wheels 1982 Dodge Rampage

To learn more about the Hot Wheels '82 Dodge Rampage: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
No More Hot Pursuit at my TRUs
Topic Started: Feb 6 2018, 08:58 PM (377 Views)
JRA3775
Subcompact
I have 2 TRU's near me. This weekend both did a reset--both removed the pegs for Hot Pursuit in the GL section. I asked someone and he told me they likely aren't carrying them but he didn't know for sure.

Looks like online is my only source not that them and Target don't sell them any more.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

911diecast
Member Avatar
Midsize
At least your TRU is still open, mine closes in 6 weeks.

I get most of mine at Troys Toys.
Edited by 911diecast, Feb 6 2018, 09:21 PM.

JeepXJLover
Member Avatar
Minivan
TRU I visited Saturday had Hot Pursuit series 24. Though both the Plymouth Fury and Dodge Coronet were gone.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Z28HO
Member Avatar
Fullsize
The one closest to me is closing and the closest Wally is only carrying HW and MB mainline, no series or M2.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tksjohn
Member Avatar
Subcompact
I find the Bay usually has reasonable prices for Greenlights, especially if you order a few at a time to save on shipping. As much as I enjoy finding the cars I'm looking for in-store, to get the ones that go quick mailed to your doorstep is nice, just not as rewarding of a feeling lol

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
I've been buying most of my Hot Pursuit from policecarmodels.com for the past few years.

HWJOE
Member Avatar
Fullsize
The TRU around here still carry HOT PURSUIT but its HIT/MISS. More so than TARGET, WM or HOBBY LOBBY! Online hobbyists and shows are my best bet!

b2young
Member Avatar
Sad firefighter
I occasionally find "good" GL models at TRU near me (not closing...popular store in good location)...but I'll always actively search online for the ones I suspect will be impossible in stores. Hobby Lobby sometimes carries hard-to-find-elsewhere GL...but also adds about a dollar to the MSRP price available almost directly across the street from the local HL store.

A week ago I found a couple from Hot Pursuit #25....SFPD Torino with cool dumbbell lights on top, and the white CHP Charger. I don't collect "all" GL police cars/vehicles, but there are quite a few that I cannot live without, apparently...still wish MORE fire vehicles would show up, but I have 3 versions of the ambulance so far. Hoping to see more...

Copcar65
Member Avatar
Compact
toyotageek
Feb 7 2018, 10:35 AM
I've been buying most of my Hot Pursuit from policecarmodels.com for the past few years.
I'll second that. Jeff has been great to buy from. He has emailed me when I accidentally pre-order more than one of the same model. He'll check to make sure i really want two.

MKZ
Fullsize
My store can't get rid of them. They must have at least 20 from various waves.

MrFutura
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
My TRU has plenty as well. Now if only they could get rid of all the Majorettes clogging every peg.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
As I have mentioned I do not live close to a TRU so don't get there often. I was in the Fargo store last October and they had no GreenLight models of any type - none at all - lots and lots of Majorette which seemed to have taken over most of their diecast section - there were even more of those than Hot Wheels. :o

Stangfreak
Member Avatar
SUV
They have closed 3 of the 5 TRUs here in Columbus Ohio. I believe one more will be closing soon. I wouldn't take anything to heart that one of the min. wage workers tell ya... I have heard plenty "BS" from many of them...

microbuss
Member Avatar
SUV
MrFutura
Feb 7 2018, 05:33 PM
My TRU has plenty as well. Now if only they could get rid of all the Majorettes clogging every peg.
hey! I wants Majorettes hehe

closest TRU is about 150 miles in Ft Collins, Colorado UGH!

MrFutura
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
microbuss
Feb 13 2018, 01:02 PM
MrFutura
Feb 7 2018, 05:33 PM
hey! I wants Majorettes hehe

closest TRU is about 150 miles in Ft Collins, Colorado UGH!
I did too! But they put out every single box they had, filling every open space in the row. Matchbox has been blocked out for months.

Copcar65
Member Avatar
Compact
A couple of TRU around me have newer Hot Pursuits (Up to Series 25). What is weird is they seem to have moved pegs all around. Greenlght is no longer all together. There are M2, Majorette, Johnny Lightning all interspersed. And I mean the labelled pegs not just the models.

b2young
Member Avatar
Sad firefighter
Copcar65
Feb 16 2018, 03:45 PM
A couple of TRU around me have newer Hot Pursuits (Up to Series 25). What is weird is they seem to have moved pegs all around. Greenlght is no longer all together. There are M2, Majorette, Johnny Lightning all interspersed. And I mean the labelled pegs not just the models.
Yeah, same here too. Seems like the staff just takes a case of each brand and tosses them against the wall to see where they 'stick' (like spaghetti or other pastas...) But, at least I can find new Hot Pursuit and other models fitting my theme at the local store...and it's within walking distance from the repository of my collection (my house, that is...)

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
My son had a business meeting if Fargo last week and stopped at TRU to see if he might find something for his daughter and for his dad. :D He said they did have some GL Hot Pursuit and had got me the NYPD auxiliary police car in white. He said most of the space was filled with Majorette.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 4: GreenLight · Next Topic »
Add Reply

September's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations FoolTrottel for winning September's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

4th quarter 2017's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations guy64 for winning 4th quarter 2017's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here