Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: February 22, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Hot Wheels 1982 Dodge Rampage

To learn more about the Hot Wheels '82 Dodge Rampage: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2018 Red Line Club Memberships(today)
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 06:23 AM (134 Views)
camaro marty
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Think I'll give it a try this yr.. Haven't been a member for 13 yrs. I find it cool no window for present RLC members .All sign-up same day. Man that has them and their undies in a knot over at HWC.

HWC Online Offer:

2018 Red Line Club Memberships

This offer will be available to all HWC members beginning at 9 a.m. PT on 2/13/18.

You need to be signed in with a current HWC account to purchase! If you are not signed in, make sure you sign in about 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the sale (in order to prevent being auto-signed out during the sale).

To leave this Waiting Room at any time prior to the beginning of the sale, simply click the HWC logo at the top of the page and you will be returned to the home page of the site (there may be a slight delay for this, so please be patient).
Edited by camaro marty, Feb 13 2018, 06:25 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camaro marty
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
See if I buy this I'll have to turn around and buy the wife flowers for Valentine's Day...SIGH....

PENSNO1
Member Avatar
Compact
I have no more RLC sources to get me anything that I may want from the club. So, I guess I'm going to have to sign up this year. I haven't been a RLC member for close to 10 years. The Datsun looks pretty cool.

tksjohn
Member Avatar
Subcompact
I'm on the same boat, have never been a member before (I do have quite a few RLC cars from conventions and what not) but for $24.99 for this real rider RLC Datsun? I'm all in. I think it's cooler (not more detailed but cooler) than Tomica premiums which go for more than $25

jedimario
Member Avatar
RAWR
Enticed by the Datsun and a few models I've missed out on the past couple of years, I went ahead and signed up. Technically it was a bit of a mess but I did get through. I may have paid twice; after the site told me PayPal didn't authorize, I went with a credit card which worked. But I have an email from PayPal saying I authorized something from Mattel and that I'll be charged when Mattel processes it! Well, if they try to double-dip, I'll just dispute the charge on my credit card I guess.

tksjohn
Member Avatar
Subcompact
jedimario
Feb 13 2018, 12:27 PM
Enticed by the Datsun and a few models I've missed out on the past couple of years, I went ahead and signed up. Technically it was a bit of a mess but I did get through. I may have paid twice; after the site told me PayPal didn't authorize, I went with a credit card which worked. But I have an email from PayPal saying I authorized something from Mattel and that I'll be charged when Mattel processes it! Well, if they try to double-dip, I'll just dispute the charge on my credit card I guess.
I'm having problems even being able to get to the sign up/ register page. I keep getting

"hotwheelscollectors.mattel.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500"

Hopefully I'll be able to sign up before all 17,500 of them sell out :lol:

PENSNO1
Member Avatar
Compact
tksjohn
Feb 13 2018, 12:52 PM
I'm having problems even being able to get to the sign up/ register page. I keep getting

HTTP ERROR 500"

Yea, if you weren't already, you should have registered much earlier. Like yesterday. Then today you just log in and then purchase the RLC membership.

It was a little slow, but I was able to get the RLC Datsun. Total with shipping and tax was $35.

tksjohn
Member Avatar
Subcompact
PENSNO1
Feb 13 2018, 01:22 PM
tksjohn
Feb 13 2018, 12:52 PM

HTTP ERROR 500"

Yea, if you weren't already, you should have registered much earlier. Like yesterday. Then today you just log in and then purchase the RLC membership.

It was a little slow, but I was able to get the RLC Datsun. Total with shipping and tax was $35.
I know for next time now! (Even though I'll already be a member!) I didn't even think to do that, I wish I did as I'm still having problems, but hopefully Hot Wheels can get their site back up at full speed

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
I was busy with work, and logged in a half hour late. The shop site was having issues, but a friend provided the url for the membership, Once I got that it went fairly smooth. So, one car on order!

This time I actually wanted a second car so I've been trying to open a new account and the site was giving me trouble, so I called customer service. After being on hold for 30 minutes, I finally spoke with a very helpful CS rep, and hopefully everything took, but right now I'm still waiting for a new account verification email.

Guntownal
Member Avatar
Minivan
I rejoined again this year even though I haven't received all of my cars yet from last year. That site is very frustrating at times but the cars to me are worth it. I'm hoping to get the last of the original 16 replicas. The newly tooled T-Bird is supposed to be on sale first in the next few weeks.
I didn't log in until 1:00 or so and went right thru in a couple of minutes.
Edited by Guntownal, Feb 13 2018, 09:42 PM.

daytime dave
Microcar
jedimario
Feb 13 2018, 12:27 PM
after the site told me PayPal didn't authorize, I went with a credit card which worked.

I had the same experience, but didn't get anything from PayPal. I did like the car. We'll see what this year brings.

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Has anyone from OUTSIDE the USA been able to purchase a RLC membership?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 2: Hot Wheels · Next Topic »
Add Reply

September's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations FoolTrottel for winning September's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

4th quarter 2017's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations guy64 for winning 4th quarter 2017's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here