Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: July 17, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Tomica 1986 Mazda RX-7

Click Here: Tomica '86 Mazda RX-7
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Release video AW & JL
Topic Started: Mar 2 2018, 02:32 PM (598 Views)
MrFutura
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Ai83zwbrg&feature=youtu.be

Some cool stuff coming out.

Interestingly, the Galaxy convertible comes with the drag hood. Odd.

More Country Squires but I find the color choices too redundant. Maybe it's just me, but I've never liked the dark red releases in any casting. I'll still buy the blue one.

Some new vinyl top versions are a welcome addition.

The JL Military release is my chance to pick what I never bought in the past. I like the weathered versions the best.

ENJOY!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lovesolderplymouths
Member Avatar
Compact
The drag hood on the Galaxie 500 convertible is an odd choice, particularly with the standard ride-height. The previous hardtops with this hi-po hood had a raised "competition" ride-height and looked good. The comp hood and raised suspension on the convertible would be more believable. Not sure if I will get these two, although that tutone interior looks fantastic! The vinyl tops on the Olds and Impala make them interesting and the Country Squires are a must have for me. Got to have all of these wagons.

carhauler
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
I didn't even notice the hood on the Ford. The Impalas and 442s are nice.

zed300
Member Avatar
Compact
They're all sharp looking, but only the Ocean Mist 442 for me. I already have several versions of each of the other castings, and can't justify spending money on more repaints. I'm only getting the 442 since I have a sentimental attachment to that color.

MrFutura
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
zed300
Mar 2 2018, 05:05 PM
They're all sharp looking, but only the Ocean Mist 442 for me. I already have several versions of each of the other castings, and can't justify spending money on more repaints. I'm only getting the 442 since I have a sentimental attachment to that color.
I'm starting to feel the same way you do. I used to collect 'em all.

66alfa_gtv
Fullsize
Ugh...more Darts? Do we really need another batch of these? I like them fine, but come on - there are other castings to pick from from their past.

96cutlass
Member Avatar
Midsize
I was really looking forward to the Galaxie convertible in those colors, but I'm going to have to pass with that hood. Also, looking forward to the 442's, but disappointed they went back to the black interiors. Will probably still buy the Ocean Mist one, but it would look hot with a turquoise interior. I only have so much display and storage space (as well as money), so I have to pass hardcore on all the repaints they keep pumping out.
Edited by 96cutlass, Mar 2 2018, 07:26 PM.

66alfa_gtv
Fullsize
I'm going to take a stab as to why Autoworld seems to be neglected lately, aside from all the re-colors. It appears a lot of resources are being put into Johnny Lightning, even though those all appear to be re-issues as well. I really wish Tom Lowe (assuming he still runs the business) would let JL and RC die, allowing for all the effort to go into building the AW product line. I think it's fairly unanimous that we collectors love the realism and quality of the Autoworld 1/64 line. If the AW level of quality was expanded into a wider range of models, how cool would that be?

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
Thank you for sharing this with us. The re-issue of the JL military models is interesting - not something I collect per se although I would pick up at least one of the versions of the Military Police re-issue for my police collection - perhaps the weathered version but would want to see the actual model first.

daniel60
Member Avatar
Personal Luxury Car
That blue Galaxie is purty. Will take the Fords more than likely. The Galaxie Hood maybe a leftover lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JeepXJLover
Member Avatar
Minivan
I actually like the colors they have choose for the Darts. Though I rather see the base models Darts in some more colors. Like red with a black vinyl top. I was excited for the Galaxie convertible since I missed the first releases of it. But the hood really kills it for me.

6A13TT
Member Avatar
Compact
I'm just going to wait for the release with the new Buick station wagon casting before I go and get a case.

Wyatt
Fullsize
The Darts are very nice, and they did a great job on the wheels for them as well.

Wyatt
Fullsize
6A13TT
Mar 3 2018, 07:41 PM
I'm just going to wait for the release with the new Buick station wagon casting before I go and get a case.
Looking forward to that '62 Impala convertible, too!

66alfa_gtv
Fullsize
I just received my A+B cases for this latest run. All the cars look really nice, as you'd expect with AW. Worth mentioning are the mag wheels on the Darts. They look like Torq Thrusts or Cragar SS. While I'm generally a stock wheel only guy, these are probably the best looking wheels the Darts have yet to receive. The Rallye Wheels on the previous releases just did not look very accurate, and they seemed a bit on the large size.

Stangfreak
Member Avatar
Convertible
zed300
Mar 2 2018, 05:05 PM
I'm in strong agreement here also. Same ole' same ole' is getting boring for me. I am into plastic model building, or I should say I was. The cost has forced me out of that hobby. 25 to 35 bucks for a kit, 6-7 bucks per can of spray paint (you need 2,3,or 4, colors to do a nice model, and misc. materials are not cheap either. By the time you're done you can easily have 50-75 dollars wrapped up in a build. Even more depending on the detail you want to add.
I have seen those AMT customizing kits of various pieces. 18-28 dollars... Sorry, absolutely no way I will pay that.

That 1/18 73 Mustang is a nice model, but then again I am wondering what the cost of that would be. Who is Dean Dahl?
Nothing against the man or his beautiful Mustang, but I think they could have made a better selection of the series for the 1/18ths. mabe a movie car, like a more detailed version of the original Gone in 60 seconds Eleanor, or the Black Mustang driven by Steven Seagal in the movie Marked for Death.

Posted Image

I might be interested in the military vehicles, but that's about it.
I'm very sorry to say, but the new colors are not really any longer impressive to me to justify spending any more money on them...
Edited by Stangfreak, Mar 13 2018, 08:50 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 7: Auto World · Next Topic »
Add Reply

March's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations DinoMom for winning March's contest!

April's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations carsdownunder for winning April's contest!