Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: July 17, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Tomica 1986 Mazda RX-7

Click Here: Tomica '86 Mazda RX-7
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Honda Civic vs Civic
Topic Started: Mar 12 2018, 02:50 AM (323 Views)
Pete
Subcompact
I've been waiting to compare these two Honda Civics for a long while. New 2018 Matchbox models are starting to show up at Coles in Australia, which has finally allowed me to get my hands on the new 2017 Honda Civic and compare it to the 2008 Honda Civic. I will let the photos do the talking...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you don't mind me slipping the Tomica Civic into the photos too... Hope you enjoy.

Pete
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stampede
Member Avatar
Team Canada
Nice photos! The Civic is one of my most-anticipated models for the year, and it looks to be pretty well done. I do wish that the headlight and tailight tampos were a bit longer, wrapping around the front and rear a bit more (as with the real car). But I can't be asking for too much from a $1 car.

More importantly, I like how it's just the standard hatchback model; as much as I love the Type R it's nice to see a basic, everyday car in the lineup. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to pick this up eventually; congrats on your find and thanks for the photos!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TheScottishCollector
Member Avatar
Compact
The new MBX Civic is a mixed bag for me. Yes its a decent casting and I'm, happy its the standard Civic and not a Type R, but the thing that lets it down for me is the tampo work. to be, the tampo work on it is a disappointment. The lights tampos are too short for starters!

JeepXJLover
Member Avatar
Minivan
Great comparison shots. But that's the color MBX choose to release it in first? Terrible color. It looks like primer.

Mark F.
Member Avatar
Minivan

The real car was offered in that colour (called Sonic Grey Pearl):

Posted Image

toyotageek
Member Avatar
Japanese Minicar Maniac
Oh, there's a new Honda in town! Hope I can find one. It seems to be a tad bit smaller than the old one. Different scale?

DinoMom
Member Avatar
Fullsize
Has anyone else noticed that Matchbox seem to be going for a very GREY theme this year?

I think that Civic grey/blue is very pretty.
Edited by DinoMom, Mar 13 2018, 09:59 AM.

Pegers
Member Avatar
Pony Car
Mark F.
Mar 12 2018, 10:09 PM

The real car was offered in that colour (called Sonic Grey Pearl):

Posted Image
i dont think that color was a good selling point.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 3: Matchbox · Next Topic »
Add Reply

March's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations DinoMom for winning March's contest!

April's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations carsdownunder for winning April's contest!