Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: April 17, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Playart 1977 Chevrolet Caprice

To learn more about the Playart '77 Chevrolet Caprice: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Arch Rivals Forever
Topic Started: Apr 13 2018, 09:14 PM (168 Views)
Stangfreak
Member Avatar
SUV
The Mustang and the Camaro have been arch rivals since the Camaro was introduced in 1967. Both sweet machines for sure...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have a Shelby 427 engine ready for an engine swap in the 67 Stang... From a Shelby Collectibles 67 Eleanor Mustang...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And maybe Big Al will add the juice a little later...

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stangfreak
Member Avatar
SUV
The engine swap has been made...

Posted Image

The M2 67 Mustang now sports the Shelby engine from the Greenlight 67 Eleanor Shelby Stang...

Posted Image

camaro marty
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Great swap Stang Steve.

webestang64
Member Avatar
Minivan
Ah, the class of 67. Ford made the Mustang bigger for that big block to battle Camaro. Lee Iacocca hated the 67 Mustang.....he told Ford that they made his sleek little Pony car into a fat pig....LOL

tksjohn
Member Avatar
Midsize
Until Ford stops making Mustangs, Mustang will forever win the arch rival. This is a question I ask for those who try to battle Mustang vs Camaro. Where are my 2003-2009 Camaro's?! :lol:

Nice pics by the way :thumbup:

daniel60
Member Avatar
Personal Luxury Car
tksjohn
Apr 17 2018, 01:49 PM
Until Ford stops making Mustangs, Mustang will forever win the arch rival. This is a question I ask for those who try to battle Mustang vs Camaro. Where are my 2003-2009 Camaro's?! :lol:

According to several reads on the computer the Dodge Challenger and the Charger have outsold the Camaro and Mustang.

I would love to own a new 2019 Bullitt Mustang but I can't afford one. I still love my Mustang though I'm sure she isn't up to snuff with these new Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers however it is what it is. People are going to buy what they want regardless of performance from their muscle cars. I have heard that the new Camaro is very fast but I still love the new Mustangs more.

http://fcauthority.com/2018/03/dodge-charger-and-challenger-outsell-mustang-camaro-in-february/
Edited by daniel60, Apr 17 2018, 04:34 PM.

tksjohn
Member Avatar
Midsize
daniel60
Apr 17 2018, 04:33 PM
tksjohn
Apr 17 2018, 01:49 PM

According to several reads on the computer the Dodge Challenger and the Charger have outsold the Camaro and Mustang.

I would love to own a new 2019 Bullitt Mustang but I can't afford one. I still love my Mustang though I'm sure she isn't up to snuff with these new Camaros, Mustangs and Challengers however it is what it is. People are going to buy what they want regardless of performance from their muscle cars. I have heard that the new Camaro is very fast but I still love the new Mustangs more.

http://fcauthority.com/2018/03/dodge-charger-and-challenger-outsell-mustang-camaro-in-february/
When referring to the arch rivals part of it, Charger and Challenger have no competition against the Camaro or Mustang. Camaro's only stopped production for 6 years since they were first manufactured. Mustang's obviously have never stopped production since they were first manufactured. The Charger has about 30 years in total of stopped production since it was first manufactured, and the Challenger has over 30 consecutive years of not being manufactured.

It's pretty easy for Dodge to currently outsell both Camaro and Mustang when they are still producing a 12 year old designed car, just with more horsepower and fender flares to it. The amount of money Dodge has been able to milk from the Challenger is absolutely crazy! Not trying to dog on Dodge, I'm just annoyed that they haven't made any initiative to come out with something fresh and different that still looks good. Dodge/Chrysler is just getting very stale for me as of recent

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 6: M2 Machines · Next Topic »
Add Reply

September's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations FoolTrottel for winning September's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

4th quarter 2017's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations guy64 for winning 4th quarter 2017's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here