Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: May 22, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Neo Scale Models 1977 Lincoln Continental Mark V

To learn more about the Neo '77 Lincoln Mark V: Click Here
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Car Of The Day: April 30, 2018; Jada '06 Nissan Maxima
Topic Started: Apr 30 2018, 04:06 AM (248 Views)
Dean-o-mite
Member Avatar
Pony Car

Posted Image

Today's car of the day is Jada's 2006 Nissan Maxima.

Posted Image

Wikipedia

The Nissan Maxima is a full-size car (previously mid-size) manufactured by Nissan and sold primarily in North America, the Middle East, and China. Most pre-2003 Maximas were built in Oppama, Japan, until the current North American Maximas started being assembled in Smyrna, Tennessee. The sixth generation Maxima, code-named A34, was only sold in the United States, Canada and Mexico. It was introduced in production form as a 2004 model at the 2003 North American International Auto Show. In the US, it came with the venerable VQ35DE, a DOHC V6 engine that produced 265 hp (198 kW) at 5,800 rpm, and 255 lb⋅ft (346 N⋅m) of torque at 4,400 rpm and a standard SkyView fixed glass paneled roof that ran down the center of the roof (from front to back) or an optional traditional style moonroof. Sixth generation Maximas were available in two trim levels, SE and SL. The sporty SE model came standard with 18 inch alloy wheels, P245/45R18 V-rated tires, stiffer suspension, rear spoiler, and an optional 6-speed manual transmission. The luxurious SL model came standard with 17 inch alloy wheels, P225/55R17 H-rated tires, wood interior trim, 6-disc CD changer, Bose stereo, leather seats, and HID headlights and optional heated front seats. The manual transmission was never offered in the SL model and the suspension is tuned for a softer ride. For all models, the rear independent suspension returned, this time using a multilink setup similar to the Altima.

Posted Image

For more information and pictures of the real car please visit: Nissan Maxima

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Nissan Maxima has been largely neglected in small scale diecast. Of the eight generations of Maxima that Nissan has produced, this Jada is the only designated Maxima model, with the first generation Maxima also available as the Japanese Nissan Bluebird made by Tomica and copied by "CF." The third generation Maxima (1989-1994) is a car I still hope to someday see in small scale; it was the last generation available mostly worldwide, so perhaps there is a chance someone (TLVN?) might make it someday.

Posted Image

Wikipedia

For 2007, the U.S. Maxima became available with a standard Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) (similar to the CVT found in the Nissan Murano) as the only transmission choice; a manual transmission was no longer offered; however the CVT featured a manual mode. It featured a freshened front fascia (lacking the center block, the new grille closely resembled that of the 2007 Altima). Headlights were also more squared around the edges. New interior changes included an Intelligent Key system with integrated ignition tab, new center console, and new white-and-orange gauges as opposed to the older pure orange ones. For 2008, the Maxima's fuel economy dropped from 21MPG-City / 28MPG-Highway to 19/25 due to new EPA measurement methods. A Platinum Edition package of convenience features was added for 2008 on both SE and SL trim levels.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tksjohn
Member Avatar
Fullsize
I completely forgot about this casting. Who doesn't love a Maxima on 20's?! :thumbup:

Ripa
Member Avatar
Minivan
Again one of those cars that are stylewise not my cup of tea, but still high on the wantlist because of the subject. I am pretty sure no one else did USDM Maxima in small scale.

bison1913
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
:wave: Those disc brakes are bigger than the ones on my 1/1 car :D :D

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tksjohn
Apr 30 2018, 08:30 AM
Who doesn't love a Maxima on 20's?! :thumbup:

<sheepishly raises hand...>

me...

Pegers
Member Avatar
Pony Car
juantoo3
Apr 30 2018, 02:24 PM
tksjohn

me...
i am in the same boat as Wes on this one...

jedimario
Member Avatar
RAWR
juantoo3
tksjohn

me...
Same, on 20s or not. These did have an interesting sunroof option though.

daniel60
Member Avatar
Personal Luxury Car
Cool Photography.

ivantt
Member Avatar
New casting? Quick! Take it apart!
juantoo3
tksjohn

me...
Same here. 20's or not, Maxima's belong in the Einsteins Bagels parking lot. :lol:

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
I don't know, this one just leaves me cold. ;)

Swifty
Member Avatar
The Mustang II is a Mustang too!
This is old enough for me to acquire one for my monster truck diorama! :D

corvairjim
Member Avatar
Midsize

Please allow me to join with all the others above who don't care for a Maxima on 20"s. To me, the rolling stock ruins what would otherwise be a pretty nice model.
Edited by corvairjim, May 2 2018, 10:56 PM.

jurcpa
Fullsize
its the only car from this typ,no other carmaker build it,nice,thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Car Of The Day · Next Topic »
Add Reply

September's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations FoolTrottel for winning September's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here

4th quarter 2017's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations guy64 for winning 4th quarter 2017's contest!

To view all this month's entries, please: Click Here