Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: July 17, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Tomica 1986 Mazda RX-7

Click Here: Tomica '86 Mazda RX-7
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Truck Of The Day: June 24, 2018; Matchbox '68 Ford F-100 Pickup (Kennel Truck)
Topic Started: Jun 24 2018, 01:11 AM (956 Views)
Dean-o-mite
Member Avatar
Muscle Car

Posted Image

Today's truck of the day comes from corvairjim's collection, and is Matchbox's 1968 Ford F-100 Pickup (Kennel Truck).

Posted Image

Wikipedia

The fifth generation of the Ford F-Series is a line of pickup trucks and commercial trucks that were produced by Ford from 1966 to 1972. Built on the same platform as the fourth generation F-series trucks, the fifth generation had sharper styling lines, a larger cab and greenhouse, and expanded engine options. Three trim levels were available during the production of the fifth generation F-series, though the names were changed in 1970. The "Base" trim became the "Custom" and the "Custom Cab" became the "Sport Custom" joining "Ranger" as optional levels of equipment and trim. Late in production the Ranger trim level was upgraded with the additional "Ranger XLT" option.

Posted Image

Posted Image

For more information and pictures of the real car please visit: Ford F-Series

Posted Image

corvairjim

I got this one with very light playwear at our church's annual flea market today. The plastic kennel on the back needs a little polishing out and the dogs are long gone, but the paint is pretty nice, especially considering it's age. It even came with the box.

Posted Image

Wikipedia

1967: Introduction of fifth-generation F-Series in 1966 for the 1967 model year. Cab is 3 inches (0.076 m)* wider than predecessor and frame is heavier. Grille, exterior trim, interior cab fittings and engine choices are unique to this year. Trim levels are "Base", "Custom Cab", and "Ranger".
1968: As federal regulations required all automotive manufacturers to install side marker reflectors or lights, Ford redesigned the hood emblems to incorporate reflectors as well as added reflectors to the rear of the bed. Interior fittings changed due to new safety standards. New versions of the FE-Series engine added (360 truck and 390). First year of factory-installed air conditioning (air conditioning was installed by the dealer before 1968).
1969: New grille design, new 302 Windsor V8 engine option.

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pegers
Member Avatar
Pony Car
a great color on this one.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
:thumbup: Nice example of the Matchbox Ford Kennel Truck - never know what little treasure might show up at a church flea market. :D The box is a nice bonus!

juantoo3
Member Avatar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nice vintage Matchbox!

JeepXJLover
Member Avatar
Minivan
The casting lines are incredible considering when the casting was made.

corvairjim
Member Avatar
Fullsize
I actually managed to snag 4 Lesneys in roughly this condition for $10 each. They still had about a dozen more but my wallet was running on empty so I just picked up the ones I considered to be the nicest of the bunch. This truck received a light polish job with Novus #2 plastic polish which brought out the luster of the paint and restored the "kennel" to almost new condition. I've seen Lesneys of this vintage and general condition at toy shows going at asking prices of $25 or more so I'm pretty happy with my grabs. The seller explained to me that her sons had these cars when they were kids but didn't play with them all that much. From their condition I can believe that. This pickup only seems to be missing a little paint from the driver's door drip rail and has some paint missing from the lettering on the chassis, maybe from driving on carpeting a little too deep for it's ground clearance.

craftymore
Member Avatar
Support your local demo derby.

Good score. It's deeply satisfying to find vintage toys that are in great to excellent shape after 50 years.

94cadillacfleetwood
Member Avatar
Nothing good ever happens after midnight.
Another nice Matchbox! They got a lot of use out of the Ford pickup in the early '70s. I think I have the Superfast version somewhere.

jurcpa
Fullsize
one of the first legend cars from MB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! beauty

microbuss
Member Avatar
SUV
later models had the FORD on the tailgate covered up! :o

corvairjim
Member Avatar
Fullsize
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this truck took "Car" of the Week. I thought it would come down to the car carrier and the Royal Tiger bus, with the somewhat playworn Jaguar E-Type with an outside chance, but the pickup's remarkable condition along with the Ford pickup being the best-selling individual brand name of pickup for umpteen years (Chevrolet and it's "twin under the skin" GMC have outsold the Ford when their sales numbers are combined for most of that time) influenced the voting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Car Of The Day · Next Topic »
Add Reply

March's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations DinoMom for winning March's contest!

April's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations carsdownunder for winning April's contest!