Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: July 17, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Tomica 1986 Mazda RX-7

Click Here: Tomica '86 Mazda RX-7
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gonna Take The Plunge
Topic Started: Jul 2 2018, 10:13 PM (167 Views)
corvairjim
Member Avatar
Fullsize
Well, Sean finally talked me into it. My wife Rose and I plan to attend this Saturday's meeting and join the club. I've been comped the two most recent issues of the club newsletter and I'm impressed. I attended one meeting 4 or 5 years ago, but never got around to joining. That is going to change this time around. We've gotten to know people in the hobby so much better since then, due in no small part to the annual Keystone Diecast CARnival, which we've attended for the last 5 years or so. We look forward to meeting new friends who enjoy our hobby as much as we do. :toy:
Edited by corvairjim, Jul 2 2018, 10:13 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Swifty
Member Avatar
The Mustang II is a Mustang too!
Welcome to the PMCC! You won't be disappointed!

Swiftys M
Member Avatar
Microcar
I'll 2nd Sean's welcome to the club -- look forward to meeting you soon :)

426maxwedgie
Member Avatar
Running in the 90's
Yay! I'll have a few surprises for you this meeting too.

corvairjim
Member Avatar
Fullsize

I'm really looking forward to it!
Edited by corvairjim, Jul 5 2018, 10:58 PM.

Chris W
Member Avatar
Midsize
Welcome, Jim.

It's evident from your recent Car of the Day features that you have a good selection of Lesney Matchbox from the '60s in your collection. I hope that you enjoy being in the PA Matchbox club. Hope to meet you at a meeting sooner of later. (I was at the Karnival in 2017 but I may or may not have met you there.)

corvairjim
Member Avatar
Fullsize
The meeting was everything I hoped it would be and more. For one thing, the weather was perfect so the meeting was held outside in a very pleasant, tree-shaded back yard. We met lots of great people who made me and my wife feel welcome. I learned a bunch about upcoming models and got to see a bunch of really "out there" Matchbox error cars from the Moko and Lesney eras. Mike from Kiddie Kar Kollectibles was there and I bought several cars that I've been looking for but hadn't found on the pegs. I've been told that next month's meeting is at a Matchbox museum over in New Jersey. Unfortunately, we have tickets to a ballgame that same day (we have the Saturday season ticket plan to the AA Minor League Reading, PA Fightin' Phils). We're going to look into exchanging them for another game so we can make the meeting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · PMCC: Pennsylvania Matchbox Collectors Club · Next Topic »
Add Reply

March's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations DinoMom for winning March's contest!

April's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations carsdownunder for winning April's contest!