Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: July 17, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

Tomica 1986 Mazda RX-7

Click Here: Tomica '86 Mazda RX-7
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Car Of The Day: July 11, 2018; Siku '97 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Binz Ambulance.
Topic Started: Jul 11 2018, 12:35 AM (110 Views)
Dean-o-mite
Member Avatar
Muscle Car

Posted Image

Today's car of the day comes from juantoo3's collection, and is Siku's 1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Binz Ambulance.

Posted Image

Wikipedia

The Mercedes-Benz W210 is an executive car which was produced by the German automaker Mercedes-Benz from 1995 through 2002 (production of the wagon variant (codenamed S210) carried over to the 2003 model year). They were sold under the E-Class model names in both sedan (saloon) and station wagon (estate) body types. W210 development started in 1988, three years after the W124's introduction. On 21 July 1998, design patents were filed on an updated W210 (designed in 1997). As a result, for the 2000 model year, a new multi-function information system was incorporated into the instrument cluster below the speedometer, and the introduction of steering wheel controls for the audio/navigation/phone system. In addition, the 5-speed automatic transmission introduced "Touch Shift," which used the +/- gate positions for semi-manual control of the gearbox. This electronic system replaced the previous gated shift arrangement and simplified gear changes. Exterior changes included a revised front with a steeper rake, similar to the CLK, and restyled bumpers and lower body trim; additionally, sedans received new taillights, while the wagon's tailgate was redesigned, moving the CHMSL from the base of the rear window to directly above it in the underside of a small integral spoiler lip. The final W210 production included the E320 and E430 special editions released in two exterior colors - quartz silver (limited edition), obsidian black, and with Xenon lights, 17-inch alloy wheels and black maple walnut trim. Estate cars (sedans optionally) had Citroen-like self-leveling rear suspension with suspension struts rather than shock absorbers, gas-filled suspension spheres to provide damping and an under bonnet pressurizing pump. Unlike the traditional Citroen application Mercedes opted for a fixed ride height and employed rear coil springs to maintain the static ride height when parked.

Posted Image

For more information and pictures of the real car please visit: Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Posted Image

juantoo3

Yes...it is large. As a limo chassis ambulance it is *supposed* to be large.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wikipedia

Binz GmbH & Co. KG is a coachbuilder and custom vehicle manufacturer. It manufacturers ambulances, firetrucks, police cars and other emergency-service vehicles as well as modified military vehicles. It also produces other custom vehicles such as vehicles for the handicapped, limousines and hearses mainly on a Mercedes-Benz platform.
The 1998 model year was the first time a V6 engine was offered to replace the straight-six configuration (1995-1997). This new Mercedes-Benz M112 engine produced 221 hp and offered a 0-60 mph (98 km/h) of 6.9 seconds. Other offerings were the E420 (1997), E430 (19982002), and E55 AMG (19992002) with 354 hp and a 5.4 L normally aspirated engine. In North America, the range also features two diesels, including both non-turbocharged (1996-1997) and turbocharged (1998-1999) 3.0 liter straight-six units. In 1999, Mercedes-Benz discontinued diesel powerplants in the E-class in North America. In Europe, the diesel engines were superseded by more advanced Common Rail (CDI) units (20002002). The CDI engines were not offered in North America until the E320 CDI in the newer W211 model.

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

atombaum
Member Avatar
The Quest Continues
:thumbup: :petkitty: Nice job Siku.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
:thumbup: :drool: :thumbup: Siku makes very nice ambulance models. Love the various opening features! I know I have the Austrian version of this one but not sure about the German one that Wes has pictured. :D

Pegers
Member Avatar
Pony Car
that is one of the better ambulances i have seen.

cody6268
Member Avatar
Minivan
They mostly use these for patient transfer. The one problem I'd see with these is working room compared to a truck or van based ambulance. Especially when in Europe, they do more stuff in the field with the emergency doctors being an integral part of their EMS system. So you think they wouldn't be using these. But, Miesen (Germany) and Nilsson (Sweden) still make them. It seems Nilsson still sells a ton of them, most based on the Volvo XC90.

I love the detail Siku puts into their ambulances, and this is no exception. The newest car based ambulance Siku makes doesn't have an opening side door.

corvairjim
Member Avatar
Fullsize
VERY impressive! At first I thought it was a larger scale, but then I saw the 1:64 Ramblers/AMCs in the background. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of paint/tampo detailing at the rear. It needs to have it's taillights, license plate, and the Mercedes star detailed. Not a deal breaker - it's a nice model regardless. :thumbup:
Edited by corvairjim, Jul 11 2018, 10:45 PM.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
corvairjim
Jul 11 2018, 10:44 PM
VERY impressive! At first I thought it was a larger scale, but then I saw the 1:64 Ramblers/AMCs in the background. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of paint/tampo detailing at the rear. It needs to have it's taillights, license plate, and the Mercedes star detailed. Not a deal breaker - it's a nice model regardless. :thumbup:
Scale wise it is like many of the Siku models and would be closer to 1/55th rather than 1/64th.

ivantt
Member Avatar
New casting? Quick! Take it apart!
Beautiful. I really should have one of these/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Car Of The Day · Next Topic »
Add Reply

March's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations DinoMom for winning March's contest!

April's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations carsdownunder for winning April's contest!