Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: August 14, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

M2 1970 Chevrolet C60 custom pickup

Click Here: M2 '70 Chevrolet C60
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Recent ebay buys
Topic Started: Jul 21 2018, 11:38 PM (367 Views)
corvairjim
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
I usually avoid ebay, but it seemed that would be the only way I'd find these two "Hobby Shop Only" cars. My family had a '69 Kingswood Estate when I was a kid, so I have this soft spot in my heart for them... Especially when both our family ride and these two rods have the potent 427 big block mill under that huge hood:

"Mild" (well, sort of... )

Posted ImageAuto World Chevrolet Kingswood Estate Wagon 1969 by Corvair Jim, on Flickr

... to "WILD":

Posted ImageAuto World Chevrolet Kingswood Estate Wagon Drag Car (Lead Sled) 1969 by Corvair Jim, on Flickr

Off to the races!:

Posted ImageAuto World Chevrolet Kingswood Estate Wagons 1969 (and Greenlight Flatbed Car Trailer) by Corvair Jim, on Flickr

I'll take that black "Stealth Bomber" any day! :lol:
Edited by corvairjim, Jul 21 2018, 11:39 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

carhauler
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Nice wagons. I've been buying on Ebay since 1998 with only a few issues that were all resolved. One week ago, I bought a 2004 Jeep Wrangler that didn't exist. I'm still waiting for Paypal to refund my deposit. Moral of the story, "If it looks too good, it probably isn't".
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daniel60
Member Avatar
Personal Luxury Car
Man, now it's time for me to look up that lettered tire station wagon.

webestang64
Member Avatar
Minivan
WICKED! I might just have to have that black one!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daniel60
Member Avatar
Personal Luxury Car
Heck, I can't even find one on eBay.

carsdownunder
Midsize
webestang64
Jul 22 2018, 01:48 PM
WICKED! I might just have to have that black one!
i like the black better only because the other looks chrome

JBH6666
Member Avatar
Fullsize
It's just incredible how much detail can be packed into a 1/64 car these days from the casting to the decoration. I have both of these, and they are just as awesome in person.

Lil' '86
Member Avatar
Minivan
Stunning pair!

corvairjim
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
These wagons are really as quick as they look. I remember riding with my dad in our '427 '69 Kingswood Estate and pulling up next to a shiny blue Mustang Mach 1. Dad goosed the gas just a little, and the kid in the 'Stang looked over, saw a middle aged guy in a suit with a kid in the car and just started laughing. Dad blipped the gas again, and the kid stopped laughing. He blipped back and moved forward a few inches. Well, the light went green and we were off. The Mustang never had a chance. We moved steadily ahead of him, and by the time we had to slow for the next light about half a mile away we had a solid 10 lengths on him. Mom never understood why we called it "The Draggin' Wagon". She thought we were saying "Dragon Wagon", since it was green.

Auto World really should reissue this model in dark green to properly model our old car. Can I get a petition, or at least a write-in campaign?

Stangfreak
Member Avatar
Convertible
Both of those have eluded me... May slide on over to ebay myself... Nice scores Jim...Congrats!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Stangfreak
Member Avatar
Convertible
Had to grab another look here... That black wagon pulling the Lead Sled on a car trailer is soooo very cool looking... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

corvairjim
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
While the "Lead Sled" is clearly the most performance-oriented of the Auto World wagons thus far, the black one is about the meanest-looking one they've come out with so far. I really like it too.

6A13TT
Member Avatar
Compact
corvairjim
Aug 9 2018, 11:42 PM
While the "Lead Sled" is clearly the most performance-oriented of the Auto World wagons thus far, the black one is about the meanest-looking one they've come out with so far. I really like it too.
I hope they do it more often.

corvairjim
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
6A13TT
Aug 10 2018, 03:17 AM
corvairjim
Aug 9 2018, 11:42 PM
I hope they do it more often.
Wagons were popular with some drag drivers in the sixties because of the added weight over the rear end. Maybe they could do a '63 Bel Air wagon with a 409 under the hood (I know where there is one of those!), or a Satellite/Coronet wagon with a Hemi. As I recall, Mother Mopar would bolt a Street Hemi into ANY midsize body, not just coupes, 2-door sedans, and convertibles. I'd buy both of those if they made them. Anybody else for some hot longroofs?

Dragnet_Supporter
Member Avatar
SUV
Wow...havenít seen these. They look amazing!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 7: Auto World · Next Topic »
Add Reply

May's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations DinoMom for winning May's contest!

June's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Airborn511 for winning June's contest!