Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements (Updated: August 14, 2018)

Welcome to Swifty's Garage!

Thanks to all of you for making this board what it is today!

Attention new members: We would like to welcome you personally, so please introduce yourself. Click here: INTRODUCTIONS

For all the latest news and announcements, please click here: PA System

Thank you - The Swifty's Garage Team

This board is best viewed at 1024 x 768 Resolution

Car of the Week:

M2 1970 Chevrolet C60 custom pickup

Click Here: M2 '70 Chevrolet C60
Welcome to Swifty's Garage. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Thank You,
The Swifty's Garage Team

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'56 F-100
Topic Started: Aug 8 2018, 06:48 PM (132 Views)
Z28HO
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Posted Image

Which truck got an engine swap after leaving the factory?

And how can you tell?
Edited by Z28HO, Aug 8 2018, 06:49 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daniel60
Member Avatar
Personal Luxury Car
I'm guessing the purple one. The Mooneyes I think came with a choice between the two.

STUTZ
Member Avatar
Diecast junkie
Love the M2 tow trucks! I have several, but I don't have these.

pjedsel
Member Avatar
Muscle Car
Both make for sharp looking tow trucks but really liking the purple one.

Z28HO
Member Avatar
Station Wagon

Posted Image

The grill on the burgundy one has a 6 cyl grill but has a V8. M2 does pay attention to small details as you can see the V8 emblem on the grill of the Mooneyes truck.

carhauler
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
I often give M2 a hard time because of their model choices and slip shod quality. They do get small details like this correct and kudos to them for that. GL tried to "morph" their 56 F100 into a 54 by changing the grille and keeping the 56 cab.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hosspower98
Member Avatar
Forever Blue Oval
carhauler
Aug 10 2018, 07:05 AM
I often give M2 a hard time because of their model choices and slip shod quality. They do get small details like this correct and kudos to them for that. GL tried to "morph" their 56 F100 into a 54 by changing the grille and keeping the 56 cab.
You are correct with the grille badging. The six cylinder powered trucks had a simple four-point star.

I think if Greenlight had created the '56 F-100 in the first place, it would have been more accurate. Since it was acquired from High Speed, they are squeezing every last dollar out of it. All my Greenlight/High Speed/ Grell castings, I identify as a "1956 with a back-dated '54 grille" for the few most recent. I started collecting these early on and now I just can't resist finding the next one.
:unsure:
Edited by Hosspower98, Aug 10 2018, 02:35 PM.

carhauler
Member Avatar
Station Wagon
Always one to be a critic, let me point out that it would be a struggle for an F100 to handle a wrecker body like this. An F350 or 1-ton chassis would actually be better.

Hosspower98
Member Avatar
Forever Blue Oval
carhauler
Aug 11 2018, 06:44 AM
Always one to be a critic, let me point out that it would be a struggle for an F100 to handle a wrecker body like this. An F350 or 1-ton chassis would actually be better.
Yup, I agree. This is still a make-believe hobby I'd guess. When the old-timers are long gone, only a few will care. :(

fucumi
Midsize
You just put a stack of 2 x 4's on top of each rear spring. Easy peasy.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bay 6: M2 Machines · Next Topic »
Add Reply

May's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations DinoMom for winning May's contest!

June's Picture of The Month Contest

Congratulations Airborn511 for winning June's contest!